Rackspace IPO on Friday August 8th

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by birdman, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Hosting it oversaturated!

Pricing wars all over. Slim profit margins.

I would know as I work for a hosting company!

#11     Aug 9, 2008
  2. birdman

birdman

What capacity do you work in? Perhaps you can give me some advice. I have one server at Fluid Hosting and another at Servint, both of which i am happy with.

I have a friend in China who would like me to do a joint hosting venture with him serving the Chinese market with usa servers, as the Chinese pay more there for hosting and have more downtime.

If you were me what fully managed company would you use for servers and would you focus on vps and dedicated or offer shared as well?

Are any of those reseller packages offering support for my clients too or should i plan on hiring support staff.

I know - you aren't keen on owning a hosting biz and i may never go through with it either. I'm open to any business ideas. I have a friend in the rent-to-own furniture / appliances business that is cleaning up, so there are lots of avenues. What do you like?

Thanks,
    Birdman:)

#12     Aug 10, 2008
  3. Contact me on aim sami1080 we can set you up machines in SanDiego or vancouver bc canada.

I'll hook you up :)

#13     Aug 10, 2008
  4. Agreed. I own a hosting company, and though we're doing better then this time last year, we're getting away from the commodity services.

#14     Aug 11, 2008