Racist comments from Santorum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Potential 2012 presidential candidate and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) doesn't understand how President Obama could not answer whether a "human life" is protected by the Constitution from the moment of conception: "The question is -- and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer -- is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person -- human life is not a person, then -- I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'we're going to decide who are people and who are not people.'"

This guys is almost as bad as Palin...

By the way, google Santorum...

2. Black in the above sentence is an adjective, and is not racist.
    You're a dummy. [​IMG]

3. pspr

pspr

Yes, we all know that and agree. (about your second sentence) :D

4. Santorum was referring to the fact that in the orginal Constitution, blacks were were counted as 3/5 of a human being. He says that counting anyone as less than a full human being is wrong. How is that racist, even in the context of referencing a black President? History is history.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Agree with tom on this one, though "ironic" is a better choice. Still, it was speech, not writing.

Edit: Oh, and Obama is not black. Otherwise, what I said, etc.

6. Racist comments from LoZZZer: Calling traderNik a 'Gook', twice:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1260789

(I didn't highlight that part of the word in red, he did.)
    ____

Pre-emptive reply: Wow, calling me a drug addict again- how very creative of you! That's just like ambushing Elton John and Perez Hilton by shouting "You guys are homos!". Yeah okay, but what's the point? Everyone already knows, nothing's in the closet here.

7. The screen name you mention was a gook?

I just thought his comments to be gobbledygook.

In any case, nice to see you flailing again with the tried and true logical fallacy...people around here seem almost addicted to the use of logical fallacies.

8. First of all Santorum makes a major flaw here:

"The question is -- and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer -- is that human life a person."

What human life is this person he refers to? A fetus? Problem is that a fetus has not been established by the courts as a person...the right to lifers like Santorum claim a person exists at the moment of conception...but they have no scientific evidence to support their claims.

Even if we were to establish that a person exists at the moment the soul enters the body (if we could scientifically establish what a soul was so that we could measure it)...there is no evidence of when the soul would enter the body. There are different opinions among the different religions. Some think conception, some think later on when the body is developed prior to birth, and some think at the moment of birth.

A fetus is no more of a person than an acorn planted in the ground is an oak tree.

Even a oak seedling which has not penetrated above the earth is not an oak tree.

However, to the right wing dogmatic right to lifers, being precise doesn't matter. They say so, and believe it with sufficient self righteousness, that it doesn't matter to them what science says.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Another incredibly stupid analogy.

A seed would be more like a human egg and a fetus more like a seedling; which is an oak tree, just a very small one.

You're not going to call me a goat fucker for making you look stupid are you?

10. pspr

pspr

Thank you, God, for answering those baffling questions for us.

#10     Jan 20, 2011