Racism can't halt Indian takeovers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yuvrajjj, Dec 15, 2007.

1. so long grampa:)

#21     Dec 16, 2007
  2. Goodnight dickhead

#22     Dec 16, 2007
  3. go n screw ur momma u old fart...n talkin bout diapers....dont forget t wear ur adult diapers to bed ;-)

#23     Dec 16, 2007
  4. KK70

KK70

It is difficult to categorize India as this or that. The progressive and educated south (where the software and IT industries are located) is very different from the northern states (Bihar state for eg where much of the caste and dowry atrocities take place) or the Communist east (Bengal) or the business/finance areas of the west (Gujarat/Mumbai). There are so many different cultures, ethnic languages/dialects (175+), societies, communities etc.

So while one geographic area exhibits a competitive advantage in some particular line of work, another geographic area goes in a diametrically opposite direction and negates that advantage.

India was made up of many different kingdoms prior to British rule. Today, all these different states are united as a single democratic country. The passionate commanality of purpose that one sees in Singapore, Japan or China is lacking in India. Look at the political situation of the past 10+ years - fragile coalition alliances. India can best be compared to Europe as a whole; lots of differences, turmoil and inefficiency but somehow chugging along.

So India as world leaders ? I personally doubt it. But definitely one of the good guys as far as progress, world peace and cooperation are concerned.

#24     Dec 16, 2007
  5. that was at least a reasonable post.

relax - everyone loves india. The population is friendly, reasonably non-agressive, english speaking (at least anyone you are likely to deal with) and service-oriented. besides the food is good too, and they are probably the only force capable of countering china's military in the region besides russia.

if we are not selling you our assets, it is simply because you weren't willing to pay enough.

out of all the brics, india is the best long-term play & most likely to join the first world (eventually). we deal with china because we have to. we deal with india because we want to.

#25     Dec 16, 2007

6. hey...thats much closer to what the reality is in India. Yeah I would agree to what u sed compared to some of the earlier posts. India has its share of negatives n they r pretty serious. But the kind of growth that has happened in the last 10 years has been phenomenal as compared to the the 50 years before that. The politics is still not all that mature and corruption is still rampant. But things are changing fast, give India another 20 years and you would see a new world order. And talking about people getting equal opportunities, the topmost leader of the ruling coaltion is an Italian Catholic, the prime minister is a Sikh, not long ago there was a backward caste president. So I beleive its a time when the world ought to change the stereotypical image of an India with a caste ridden society, full of poor people n snake charmers.

#26     Dec 16, 2007
  7. indian ownership does lower brand quality... have you been to mumbai ?

the letters in BRIC are for

are B R az I l and China

#27     Dec 16, 2007
  8. "Relax, everyone loves India"

What dream world are YOU living in sir?

Read the first posts. It is clear that even those inside India do not "love" their own country. Clearly India is a country divided by race distinction and socioeconomic class struggle. Pay special attention to the person expressing their opinion about the "non-performing" class. I can tell you this. Underlying many if not all of India's problems, is a caste system that goes back thousands of years.

"Everyone loves India"? I certainly don't agree, and I would suggest that there are many of us who when we learn of the child labor conditions there (for example), are disgusted and dismayed. This is a country that treats children, women and lower castes as though they were "throwaways" and sub-human.

Your sir, may want to "make nice" as regards this issue, I will not. For me these things are matters of character. Unfortunately there is no "nice" way of putting it.

#28     Dec 16, 2007
  9. LOL

#29     Dec 16, 2007
  10. Brazillian girls are HOT!

#30     Dec 16, 2007