Racism and resumes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tomahawk, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I'll withdraw my McCain statement. But admit this, on substantive policy issues (wiretapping, cap gain rates, campaign finance) and personal peculiarities like "never heard those Wright sermons" and "Rezko only contributed 150k" he's pretty much an all out lying piece of shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no huge McCain backer. He's an inept campaigner and while his record on smaller government and reform is bona fide, he lacks vision and appeal. Both him and Obama are way too hawkish as well. But compared to the guy McCain's running against he'd might as well be Jesus Christ...

#21     Oct 3, 2008
  2. Hahahahaha! John McCain embraced &worked with the guy who slandered his family in the worst way possible during 2000 campaign. Or have you forgotten the whole "illegitimate black child" incident? That would be called political prostitution.

When I think of president I think MANAGER, not guiding light, not moral compass, not king leonidas and if god forbid the president cheats on his/her spouse I won't cry myself to sleep. MANAGER! MANAGER! MANAGER! To be a good manager you first and foremost need to be bright. Ideally, I want someone worldy and sophisticated.

I look at military service in a neutral way. However, if I see a blowhard (or a hatchet man) like Schwartzkopf I would be concerned. I doubt anybody would want President Tommy Franks for example.

In John McCain I see a creature of utter mediocrity and that to me is fatal as far as presidential elections are concerned. John McCain is certainly qualified to be president of AARP.

Anyone that knows debate theory knows that it is pointless to argue core beliefs. If I see someone who in light of what happened the last 8 years still believes democrats will make it worse, I am inclined to mark that person mentally deficient and move on.

#22     Oct 3, 2008

3. Obama isn't a manager. He's an ideologue. Period. He has no executive record and no pretense in that regard.

Also, your harping about how nobody could do worse than Bush ect is friggin inane. Things-markets, sports teams, health-can ALWAYS decline further. I love when teams fire a coach who'd made the playoffs after the disappoinment of a 6-9 season because "we had to make a change" and then go 4-12 the next two. Al Davis crap.

I'm a pure ass gambling, long-shot speculator so take my opinions with a grain of salt but inho Obama is going to escalate the hell out of Pakistan and it'll make Iraq look like 10% of Nam it truly was. I think he's an old scholl war Democrat like FDR, HST and LBJ. A "visionary" would be trying to shrink this government into a shell of it's present self. Earth to Mars but the next trade is going to be the utter IMPLOSION of government debt markets. Do the math, 10trill, increased spending, a declining tax base because of asset and wage depreciation, a Dem Congress and Prez, a non educated 40% non Hispanic white population-this country is FUCKED. Over. Brazil. So in the face of that WHY THE FUCK would any self respecting white person vote for a political party who's advocating policies that are unfordable, unmanageable and which will propel us almost immediately into the third world. We need to CUT, CUT, CUT. Cut the miltary, across the board department cuts, everything it takes. Do you realize that the government of Switzerland is unable to bail out UBS because they can't afford to?

I don't know where the fuck you guys have been but I was trading Treasuries when Long Bonds were yielding 15%. And the kicker? We were in better shape THEN. So you can vote for the guy who will BURY this country. I won't. A functional moron like McCain at least understands HALF of what I'm saying. You better learn to love paying for your OWN health insurance.....

#23     Oct 3, 2008
  4. LIE. Obama ran a good campaign as far as money, organization and personnel are concerned. He may not win because some people will not vote for "Hussein". The campaign had to spend MILLIONS wisely to keep the lights on.

What about McCain? McCain had serious financial problems several times in his campaign (in 2007 the consensus was he was done) had to reshuffle his personnel on more than one occasion and try to make himself an agent of change. I say Obama has managed a far better campaign than McCain. And before anyone mentions Axelrod of Plouffe, WHO HIRED them? Obama could have certainly hired some losers that would have sunk his campaign to Kucinich levels.

And no it can't get worse than Bush under a democratic administration(with John McCain it can). This is where intelligence comes into play. Obama is not going to magically create USA a better place he will try to improve it though. He WILL avoid a war with Iran while McCain does his best to irritate nuclear armed Russia and China. McCain's juvenile snickering during the first debate just reinforces his perception as a volatile individual.

Obama says things about Pakistan which are

a)Current US policy
    b)To make himself look tough.

#24     Oct 3, 2008
  5. I agree. It would merely be very very difficult to do worse. During this campaign season, McCain has shown that he may indeed have the aptitude to accomplish this difficult task.

#25     Oct 3, 2008
  6. I wonder what these complaints would be like, if whites voted for a white candidate at the 90% level only because of his color, in the way that BLACK voters do?

The problem is the blacks, not the whites. "Do as I say, not as I do..."

Blacks have received probably a $trillion worth of support in welfare, section 8, free medical, child support, energy subsidies, education, relief, food, and many other things. They have institutions and places giving them preferred treatment from Affirmative Action. And still, many live failed lives and live in poverty.

Fix yourself first before whining about how unfair everyone else is.

News flash - neither I, nor my parents HAD slaves. No blacks or their parents currently alive WERE slaves. None of the immigrants since 1866 nor companies formed since then had slaves. All the people and almost all the businesses that had slaves are GONE.

And yet, look at the hugely disproportionate number of blacks who commit crimes (yes, I know. A black person shot 3 other blacks because of the injustice of the whites...)

#26     Oct 3, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd be looking for some new friends.

#27     Oct 3, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd be looking for some new friends.

#28     Oct 3, 2008
    #29     Oct 3, 2008