Racism and resumes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tomahawk, Oct 3, 2008.

1. The OP is ridiculous. Reminds me of how democrats turned themselves 180degrees on the isssue of military service depending on whether their candidate was Clinton, a draft dodger, or Kerry, a guy who served for three months in the Nam. With Clinton, it was irrelevant and only idiots noticed it. Liberals snickered when Bush or Dole's status as war heroes was even mentioned. With Kerry, his being a vietnam vet was reason enoguht o elect him president. In fact, it was about the only reason they could come up with. The fact he had returned and trashed the troops for political gain only dmeonstrated his courage.

Now these morons are playing the race card again. If Obama was a white guy who had worked as a far left community organizer, attended a crazy racist church for 20 years, been tied up with terrorists and chicago thugs, he would not only not be running for president, he wouldn't be in the senate either.

They can't even tell the truth about Obama's thin resume. He was a lecturer at the University of Chicago, not a professor, a huge difference. He has never authored a piece of serious legal scholarship. Like everything else he's done, his legal career was long on talk, short on actual accomplishments.

He's a highly divisive pol. despite his laughable claims to the contrary. His campaign is based largely on class envy and hate the rich demagoguery. He's MIA in the bailout debate. His knowledge of finance is even skimpier than McCain's.

Yes, Obama has an impressive education. It ranks right up ther with a president who has degrees from Yale and Harvard Busniess School.

#11     Oct 3, 2008

2. We agree on that. i respect your take, I really do. It's just my opinion that our country requires different levels of involvement from the federal government, and in my opinion the situation right now calls for federal government intervention. Thats where we disagree, period.

I'm not sure what you mean to show by the Castro anecdotes. He denied he was a communist, but he actually was? Surely though just because you deny your are a communist doesn't make you more likely to be one.

#12     Oct 3, 2008

3. Once again, along with the OP, all BS that shouldn't matter.

#13     Oct 3, 2008
  4. You are hopeless. There were profound differences between Kerry and Bill Clinton campaigns and most importantly the underlying political environment (and popular perceptions).

Kerry was far from a dream candidate(in fact it was anything but Bush). It would have been important to break the 9/11 presidency so that Bush did not get a pass simply because he was a 9/11 president.

Kerry's military service was important because a team of chickenhawks (Bush, Cheney, Rove) were lecturing the country on heroism, being tough, staying the course and sacrifice. All laughable when you take into account Bush had his daddy get him into Texas air national guard, Cheney "had other priorities" and Rove had deferments. People erroneously believed (some still do) that republicans were "tougher on terror" and to counter this insanity you put up a war hero.

Obama had a fellowship and got as high as senior lecturer. If he wanted to stay there it would simply be a matter of time for him to get the formal professor title.

Bush did not get into either institution on merit. No point in mentioning Harvard and Yale he deserved neither. That is a fact.

Does not matter that Obama did not write a major piece of scholarly work. It still is head and shoulders above being 5th from the bottom from USNA

John McCain's understanding of economics was exposed recently.

#14     Oct 3, 2008
  5. Don't bank on your Obama tax cut....

#15     Oct 3, 2008

6. Well if your argument is that Obama is simply lying about his policies, of course theres no way I can refute that until he actually gets them done. Of course I could say the same things about mccain, but whats the point?

#16     Oct 3, 2008
  7. One guy has lied his ass off since the day he entered politics the other guy is pretty much straight talking old school......

#17     Oct 3, 2008
  8. Oh, Mccain has done nothing but "straight talk"? Ok.. lol

#18     Oct 3, 2008
  9. If you're talking about McCain you're full of shit.

#19     Oct 3, 2008
  10. I think the faculty at the University of Chicago Law School would take issue with your assumption that it was "just a matter of time" for Obama to become a full professor, unless affirmative action has also destroyed that institution. He never published anything. To become a full professor at a top ranked law school you need to be a recognized star. You need dozens of published articles in top law reviews, plus a textbook or two. There is nothing in his background to suggest he had this sort of intellect.

I really don't think you want to get inot how people gained admission into various schools. You don't know how Bush got into either. We can by contrast safely assume that Obama, with a middling record from Occidental, got into Columbia purely on affirmative action. Ditto HLS, althugh there have been suggestions that his radical political associations of that period had a major hand in his admission.

Obama did well at Harvard. His education is impressive. That's why I don't understand why his supporters have to lie about it, and try to make him into something he clearly was not, namely a professor at Chicago.

I have made the point before, but education and intelligence have almost zero correlation to success as a president. When I look at Obama, I see a weak leader, a guy still trying to decide who he is. McCain, for all his faults, is comfortable with himself and no one doubts his toughness.

#20     Oct 3, 2008