Racism allegations against Tea Party by liberals didn't work

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 7, 2010.

1. After reading limitdown's post from another thread that I quoted here, this is all you have? If so, then we will remain in disagreement. Personally, I don't believe in coincidences. Sure, they may happen very occasionally from time to time, but that's not how the smart money bets. Whatever legitimate grievances the Tea Party may have, and which the people who comprise it so heroically managed to contain so well during Bush's reign, I believe to my last dollar that it was Obama's race that pushed most of them over the edge. To dismiss the the issues raised in limitdown's post and the remarkably coincidental chronology of the Tea Party's uprising within a month or so after Obama's inauguration, smacks of naiveté or denial.

As an aside, I wonder how many Tea Party members were Bush supporters during his administration...

#11     Nov 8, 2010
  2. You've yet to tell us how Marco Rubio, Allen West, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Bill Flores and Susana Martinez all got elected with all the racist teabaggers running crazy?

#12     Nov 8, 2010
  3. More left wing fiction. Rand Paul never said that. You simply repackaged what he said so that it fit your narrative...

"What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,'" Paul said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America." "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business."
    Interior Secretary Ken Salazar told CNN on May 2: "Our job basically is to keep the boot on the neck of British Petroleum."

And yes, I too want store owners to be able to refuse customers on ANY BASIS THEY SO CHOOSE. It's called freedom gabby, Americans like it. When you assume the risk I assume to go into business, and stay in business every month, instead of having a job. When you assume the risk I assume by being an employer, instead of an employee, when yo are responsible for MY payroll, then and only then should you be able to tell me who I must and must not serve, and why. Until then it's authoritarian and unethical for the government to dictate who businesses must serve and why.

Also, if I had a "hero" in politics, it wouldn't be him, but it might be his dad!

#13     Nov 8, 2010