Racial crime stat facts.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cheval fonce, Oct 9, 2010.

1. african-americans have been in the US since the country's inception. japanese- and chinese-americans have been here less, but still for a few generations. and of course anglos have been here as long as blacks.

given that these groups have had plenty of time to establish roots, why do african-americans (as cheval's stats point out) commit more violent crimes per capita and have lower incomes? isn't 225 years enough time to overcome whatever barriers needed to be overcome? japanese-americans have gone through their share of oppression and racism yet don't commit violent crimes at the same rate.

#51     Oct 12, 2010
  2. Since whites are a much larger segment of the population it only stands to reason that whites would have the larger number. The stat's are meaningless with regard to which group is more prone to violence.
    Blacks have been plantationed much like the American Indian has been isolated to reservations. Both groups suffer from extreme poverty, lack of education, drug and alcohol addiction, complete breakdown of the family structure, and violence within their communities. I would argue that any person, regardless of color, would be prone to violence if they grew up and lived in such an environment.
    The real question is why are these people still plantationed? Who benefits from that? Which political party exploits and gains votes from that? Does the "establishment" really want to solve the problem? Can the problem of violence in these groups even be solved after all this time, or is it past the tipping point?

#52     Oct 12, 2010
  3. That table is not accurate the Hispanics are grouped with the whites.

#53     Oct 12, 2010
  4. As a side note, I would say the overwhelmingly vast majority
    of crime involves drugs in one way or another.

Either committing a crime for money to get high or

doing something stupid because you're already high.

Or you've given up on any civilized behavior because your
    life has been consumed and destroyed by addiction.

It all revolves around hard drug addiction. Heroin, crack, etc..

#54     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Shagi

Shagi

#55     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

That's the point, they don't have enough melanin to fit your "model".

This was the first time you ever heard of the gini coefficient, isn't wikipedia great?

#56     Oct 12, 2010
  7. OP, thank you for the kind words. I fail to understand, however, why threads like these get started, other than to convey status anxiety.

So, allow me to enable you at this point. I concede your assertions, all of them are true.

Now, what do you think should be done?
    What is the purpose for this information?

Edit: be mindful, OP, that I will spam you with this post until it is answered, so don't go tuck tail now, ya hear??

#57     Oct 12, 2010
  8. Bravo. I too patiently wait ....what should be done. Who will do it and how?

The media quickly sticks a microphone in Al Sharpton's face for comments. Bill Cosby got ran out of dodge. Jesse Jackson... pfffttt. We patiently waited for an African American leader, ta da we have one in the white house. When was the last time Obama was in the hood?

ps Congressional Black Caucus , I suppose they are busy with ethic issues.

I suppose everyone is busy studying the problem, something to do till the next grant.

#58     Oct 12, 2010
  9. Problem is that when the Neo-Nazi's come out with thinly veiled positions of "if only we could get rid of those damn n*ggers and sp*cs" it hurts everything for everyone.

Same for the NOI. "Kill Whitey" is not a good way to build bridges.

So it will be interesting to see what the OP plans to do to solve the "colored question"

#59     Oct 12, 2010
  10. I didn't "freak out" about anything. You have. In fact, I agreed with you for the most part, and even proceeded to offer plausible explanations for your assertions. I agree with you, males are more inclined to violence than females, and this makes perfect sense to me in a genetic and evolutionary context. Although we can't really study these differences in the way that we can racial differences because we generally don't have single gender societies. If we had societies of JUST men or JUST women, this would be an easier phenomenon to study. However, if that were the case, they would soon cease to be societies of course. But as per your gender assertion, it sounds as if you believe there is some genetic component towards behavioral tendencies within a group. What are you, some kind of racist or something?

#60     Oct 12, 2010