Rachel Maddow got owned on Maher

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Go read my posts. Just because you cuss and call names doesn't make you right it does make you an asshole but an inaccurate asshole.
    I didn't lose this argument you did dude. Your arguing shit I wasn't even talking about.
    My posts on this.
    1st post: Gillespie is a smart guy and interesting to listen to. His view against labeling of GMO products didn't make much sense but he still made his argument polite and intelligent.
    Maher has one of the best shows on TV. If you get a chance watch the one with Kevin Nelan, that one was a funny show.

2nd post: Disagree max on gmo, if it has gmo put it on the label, period, simple.
    I don't want big corp. to decide what they think I need to know.

3rd and last post : We just have a different view, you trust big brother corp to look out for your best interest and I don't trust them to look out for me. To each his own.

See you didn't win, your an old grouchy bitchy menopausal acting old man.
    You see arguments and fights where there isn't any. You're emotional like a woman. It's too easy with you righties. Are you on any medications for your anger?

#41     Jun 25, 2012
    #42     Jun 25, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, keeps on giving your money.

#43     Jun 25, 2012
  4. The real definition of Liberal and Conservative...

Liberals are "liberal" about wasting/giving others' money away (much of it sticking to their own fingers)

Conservatives are "conservative" about wasting/giving others' money away.

#44     Jun 25, 2012
  5. Reported.

Unlike some others, I think it was Freethinker who put you on ignore because you add nothing of value, I kept reading your retarded, ignorant. hateful drivel. No more.

YOU"RE ON IGNORE NOW ASSHOLE !!! HAVE A CRAPPY LIFE !!!!

#45     Jun 25, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Thank you. This lowers the odds that I'll see his posts indirectly.

#46     Jun 25, 2012
  7. Hey I know I'm an asshole, but in this case I'm right so I get the pass. If Mav would of won the discussion he would of gotten the pass.

#47     Jun 25, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, let's try this one more time. You were pounding the table saying you wanted the government to require food companies to put labels on GMO products. Here is the problem. You then say you don't trust these companies with what they put on their labels. Good, neither do I. The government requiring them to put labels is not going to help.

I then brought up the organic food mess. I brought this up because this is an example of where labels are bullshit. Studies have found that food containing organic labels were found to be not organic! And in some cases, organic food had more pesticides then food that is not organic!

So my question to you is then why drive up the cost of food since neither you nor I will actually believe in the labels anyway. The way the free market has handled this is by allowing food competitors to actually do this job whereby they point out how unhealthy their competitors are.

I'll give you two examples of this. One is Whole Foods who spent millions creating a "healthy" culture without the government making them do it. And it has worked, their stock is at all time highs and their sales are through the roof.

Second example is Chipotle. They spent millions in developing a healthy brand and comparing themselves to other fast food companies. It worked. Their stock is also near an all time high and their sales are through the roof.

We don't need the government to force companies to put labels on foods that probably are not going to be accurate anyway and at the same time will probably put smaller (healthier) companies out of business because of the added cost.

So you are demanding the government do something that you won't believe anyway and which will result only in added costs. That makes no sense to me.

#48     Jun 25, 2012
  9. Another tolerant compassionate liberal exposed as a coward.

So easy.

#49     Jun 25, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

So there should be no enforcement of truth in advertising at all?

#50     Jun 25, 2012