Race to a Trillion Dollar Marketcap

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vanzandt, Apr 20, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Who wins?
    Microsoft
    Amazon
    Google
    Netflix
    Apple

Hell with FANG... this spells MAGNA. :D

dealmaker and Magna like this.
  2. Amazon.

...closely, maybe, tied with Apple...but by looking at their one year charts...it's clear Amazon is the one with the momentum o_O,
    The other options are not serious contenders for that historic, benchmark bragging right.

Who knows...maybe in six months or less, it will happen. Amazon has alot of promising things on their plate...it's virtually expanding into anything it can and wants to. Insurance, groceries, robotics/automation, etc etc

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. TDMA

TDMA

Saudi Aramco, assuming they can find a way to falsify the reserves.

4. Overnight

Overnight

I'd vote for Amazon. Without innovation, Apple is going to stagnate. Their precious smart-device market is too saturated now and without Jobs at the helm, where is the innovation? Amazon still has many worlds left to conquer, because they have many more tendrils out there.

Amazon is such a behemoth that a certain free-world leader is scared of them and keeps trying to poo upon them. They are too smart for the likes of those fogeys. Meanwhile, Apple is starting to feel like the IBM of the 1990s.

JSOP and vanzandt like this.
  5. AAPL Is an easy win here if we don't get another pull back.

6. truetype

truetype

So AAPL will go up, unless it goes down?

7. Did I stutter?

8. ajacobson

ajacobson

Amazon

9. JSOP

JSOP

Anything can happen but for now I think I would vote for Google with Amazon as a close second mainly because of Google's innovation that is always a few steps ahead and their innovation is broad-based that touches pretty much in all areas possible it is a manufacturer of something. As fast as Amazon grows, it is still confining itself so far as a merchant, not producing or manufacturing but selling something. Now if Amazon develops into financing and banking area then it would open up tremendous profit potential and that would be a major market cap booster for sure. But still the manufacturer/producer would always have a slight edge as they are the ones who are creating value that serve as the foundation for all the rest of the segments of the economy which are equally important.

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'd be willing to bet.... with absolutely nothing changing.... if AMZN did a 20 for 1 stock split and the price was $75/share.... the psychological effect of this would have the shares at $100 in no time. That would put them at a trillion.

Pretty obvious fundamentals don't matter... the share price is based purely on herd mentality... so $75 to $100 is nothing. CNBC could orchestrate that in two days. It would be like an IPO again.

#10     Apr 21, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.