Race card played?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

What mormon view against blacks? Do you realise that one of the stars of the republican convention is a BLACK FEMALE MORMON from Utah?

That sort of shits all over your false "war on women, war on minorities b.s." So i doubt you heard anything about it from the clowns down at MSNBC.

I say if the standard we are going to hold Romney to is that he must denounce stuff that happened within his church 6 decades ago, then all democrats/liberals should have to come out denouncing their past in the k.k.k. and their hard fought battle against the civil rights act.

[​IMG]

Utah’s Mia Love Gets Enthusiastic Reception in Tampa

Enter Mia Love, the 36-year-old daughter of Haitian immigrants and a Republican congressional candidate in Utah. Should she win, she would be the first-ever black Republican woman to win a seat in Congress.

In a speech that drew sustained applause at the GOP convention Tuesday night, Ms. Love recounted her parents’ journey to the U.S., saying they arrived with only $10 in their pockets.

“The America I grew up knowing was centered in self-reliance and filled with the possibilities of living the American dream,” said Ms. Love, the mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah.

She made apparent references to civil-rights icons Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. “Our story has been told over 200 years, with small steps and giant leaps, from a woman on a bus to a man with a dream,” she said.

Ms. Love, a staunch conservative who converted to Mormonism, is challenging Democratic Rep. Jim Matheson, a six-term incumbent. Cook Political Report rates the race a tossup, and Ms. Love’s exposure on Tuesday night could give her a boost.

#21     Aug 29, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Well Mr. Bill, I guess i have to forgive your ignorance for not knowing about Mia Love, as MSNBC, actually did abandon coverage of every single minority speaker at the GOP convention yesterday so obviously you would have heard nothing about her.

Nothing Sinister about a network that spends all their time accusing the right of being racist, then just neglects to cover any of the minority speakers.

MSNBC abandons GOP convention during every speech by a minority

One of the left’s favorite attacks on the Republican Party is that it is the party of old white people, devoid of diversity and probably racist.

If you were watching MSNBC’s coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday night, you might believe those assertions, since missing from the coverage was nearly every ethnic minority that spoke during Tuesday’s festivities.

In lieu of airing speeches from former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, a black American; Mia Love, a black candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Utah; and Texas senatorial hopeful Ted Cruz, a Latino American, MSNBC opted to show commentary anchored by Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt.

Throughout this convention, Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isn’t clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/28/m...ing-every-speech-by-a-minority/#ixzz24ywcqkqS

#22     Aug 29, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Well said Max. The made up race card and personal attacks are the only thing liberals have to talk about. Their old ideas don't work and they don't have any new ones. So, it's character assassination and assassination by association.

If they believed in those types of attacks they should have never elected Obama. His character and associations are an abomination.

#23     Aug 29, 2012
  4. Well, to quote some of your brethren, bullshit - and more bullshit. You actually think the Dems are racist and the Rep's, Teabaggers. and all the other right wing ilk aren't?

More bets available to you if you do. And maybe a bridge or two.

#24     Aug 29, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

Don't be naive mrbill. You know the real racists have been the the liberals and the lefties. Just watch them on TV and read their posts here. Then go read the news stories about their intolerance to others. Every one of them carries a deck of race cards around with them ready to play at a moments notice.

I know what you're going to say already, "WANNA BET HUH, WANNA BET?" My answer to that is, "Go F___K yourself."

#25     Aug 29, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

No im not dumb enough to believe one's political beliefs cause them to be racist, but we do all know that it is the left who is absolutely wreckless with the phony charges of racism, and if conservatives ever started playing the games that liberals do, then basically everyone would be a racist.

Gee, i wonder if the Mayor of L.A. will even get into any shit from his own party for saying "The GOP is just trying to trot out the brown faces." Keep in mind we are now talking about the Mayor, an actual political higher up, and not some random people anymore.

Note the different response from a black conservative woman, as opposed to the white fucktard liberals down at MSNBC, we just got to watch a guy get strung up last week by liberals for the entire week for his b.s. comments on rape, and he got denounced by the entire republican party, and that still wasnt good enough, they still try to link it to an entire party. Lets see the coverage that Villaraigosa gets for his comments this week, my guess is nothing.

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=1&VID=23791086&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbart' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

#26     Aug 29, 2012
  7. Yannis

Yannis

#29     Aug 30, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Villaraigosa thinks he is viable to run for President in 2016, I shit you not. Race division has always been part of his strategy. He is like a Hispanic Gavin Newsom.

#30     Aug 30, 2012