Race and “The Journey of Man”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoolTraderDude, Dec 17, 2009.

DOES RACE EXIST?

1. RACE EXISTS BIOLOGICALLY

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. RACE IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
    #21     Dec 17, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

An individual of skin color X commits a crime.
    Anger at skin color X.
    Media solution: "hey, lynch mob, the next individual you see with skin color X may not commit a crime."

#22     Dec 17, 2009
  3. Correct...

Collective punishment is not the answer. However, (despite the fact that I did not express myself very well) to me it seems that there is a movement in the media to destroy any notion of race.

What I find surprising is that visible minorities go along with this despite the fact that their "race" will also disappear. Then we have a double standard... Non caucasians are encouraged to be proud of who they are while the concept of "race" is rejected as being scientifically valid. There is a lot of contradiction here...

#23     Dec 17, 2009
  4. You :
    Me :

Or all the other tribes will unite against this possed tribe...

Happily we live in the world of the People... so no more tribes :)

May I correct :

All the people are really different but they are all equals because that's what being free means !

On a medical perspective, I clearly think that the more the individualization of the treatment the better the result...

However I clearly see that today, the MAN is acting like an Alien towards the animal world of this planet. We are enslaving, slaughtering in totally degradant conditions millions of animals everyday. All lot of them have never seen the light of the sun, never felt fresh air and they are going to die... All their life was passed in camps, with no a single right. The Only right, to shut their mouth and say nothing, just accept to be tortured, destroyed, feeded to one another... there I see no humanity... I see the Apex or Alien who lost his soul... How could we respect each other if we don't start by respecting the other being on our planet ? How could we stop to kill each other if we don't think about what we do to other living being... How could we named our self intelligent if we eat tortured food, who will then build our bodies ???

I don't understand...

And then if this wasn't enough, some of us will try to mutuate this animal. They will insert gene, even human gene inside animals... It's forbidden... Human don't play with life... they are too imperfect for it. The bugs is a composent of our knowledge, but it's too our weakness... we don't have to play God... Earth is rich enough to provide for us... And if we can farm the Desert from Marocco to the Desert of Gobi there will be no more hunger... ever... And animals, wild and raised will be happier... and us too :) When your child will ask you were the food come from you will be able to explain him/her that in past we where doing like aliens... and he/her will not want to listen anymore... because it was so sad... Happily we did change that or shit...

#24     Dec 17, 2009
    #25     Dec 18, 2009
  6. this movie may be helpfull :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6_i8zuffs

At the end the Doctor say that the children who are eating from the garbage don't have all their mental capacity. Because they didn't get all the nutriments they needed to grow properly.

Man, that was the NO MORE for me...

Futhermore the doctor says it clearly, they love, they cry, they have every rights on Earth...

But please that's the kind of suffering I don't want to see...

#26     Dec 18, 2009
  7. This is a good question...

However, I don't think the IQ tests were just done randomly including people who didn't know how to read or count etc...

I've taken IQ tests when I was in school and I scored high enough to be considered "genius" and was skipped ahead a grade with the option of joining the "gifted" program.

The IQ test is usually relatively unbiased... It is not a test of memory... Rather it will ask you questions like:

1. Which of these shapes does not belong?

2. Show you a picture of a very complex shape... Let's say a 3 dimensional octagon attached to a rectangle and attached to some other weird shape. Then it will tell you... Rotate the picture 90 degrees to the right, 180 degrees to the left and turn it upside down... What will the picture look like...?

Then you will have some linguistic comprehension (obviously done in your own language).... Some logic and problem solving and some relatively simple math....

You are not going to get trivia questions that you might not know the answer to like "Who was the first person on the moon?" because that might not be known in remote African countries. It is designed to test your brain processing power.

I also don't think the test would have been given to starving children or homeless people.

#27     Dec 18, 2009
  8. SNB

"May I correct :

All the people are really different but they are all equals because that's what being free means !"

Well you are correct but I was not making a statement on freedom or rights. I was making a statement on the spinning of facts. Although, the documentary was relatively well done it started to look ridiculous to me when the scientist who is supposed to be impartial started to contradict himself and eventually reach a political, utopian like conclusion.

#28     Dec 18, 2009

9. Aargh, a beer-drinking postmeister masquerading as a thinker

THE CRITICISM IS ABOUT THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF THE SURVEYS. WHEN A LOT OF OTHERS TARGET A SURVEY, ONE STUDIES THE CRITICISM, ONE DOES NOT GET DEFENSIVE AND UNCLEVER AND START SLINGING "LIBERAL" or "CONSERVATIVE" or "THOSE POLITICALLY CORRECT #*$&#*$&" !!!!!!

Hopefully once in your life, you had to do a research paper or something that required ensuring your sources were reliable or cockamamy.

#29     Dec 18, 2009
  10. Just can't handle the facts can you? Holder was right. They are cowards when it comes to race.

#30     Dec 18, 2009