rabid bobcat goes after family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cuddles, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Nobert likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Poor woman. She'll have to go through the rabies-shot regimen. It is a pain in the ass. (And people think COVID vaccines are annoying...HAH! Try the rabies. crazy stuff).

3. Nobert

Nobert

Last August dog attacked in the city center after leaving MCD. Got 5 shots then. Nothing happened. $60 per shot. Extra $120 for some different vaccine from blood infection.
    Made jokes with doctor that he was jealous of my cheesburgers.

The nasty part was the crazy owner b.

Not a joke tho. A bite/scratch from a puppy/cat/rabbit & if vaccine is missed for few days - 100% mortality.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  4. This is going to sound political, but maybe they should of called a social worker to handle this.

Myself, I would of shot the damn thing and been done with it. :D

Nobert likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Last I recall, it was based on body weight. I'm ~180 pounds and had to get like 12 shots. Some in arms, some in legs, over a 2-visit procedure. So yer lucky.

As for the virus itself, I believe it travels 1 mm per day up towards the brain stem through the nervous system. So the farther away from the brain stem the bite is, the longer you have to get treated before you've passed the point of no return. My bite was on the forearm so getting in for the shots 3 days later was well within the window of safety.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Arnie

Arnie

gwb-trading likes this.
  7. AR15

AR15

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

Well, it was angry, but nowhere does it say it was rabid. I hope the lady got a vaccine for it anyway.