R Prop firms commissin cheaper than retain

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by junkone, Dec 2, 2009.

1. junkone

junkone

iuse IB. It provides excellant spreads. My gains are always swallowed by the commissions. Are prop firms better with commission. i want to trade with my own money.

2. tango29

tango29

IB goes to a starting low of 0.0035, which is pretty good, and if you do alot of shares it goes lower, plus if you add liquidity you get the rebate.

3. junkone

junkone

i trade forex and use the 25k Mini Lot. the commission 2 way is around 2.5$ USD.
    At the level in which i am trading, the commissions are higher as i am giving back much of the profits.
    So just wondering if there was a better way....,

4. cstfx

cstfx

The minimum commission EACH way is $2.50 or 5$ rt.

As to a better way to trade in fx, use bigger lot sizes. A 200k trade puts you back at the .00002 area. The commission hurts far less with size.

5. junkone

junkone

is that the cost with IB?
    so its going to be a slow one to move from 25k lots to 200k lots

6. I wouldn't trade for free on that POS platform.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Prop firms are not necessarily cheaper. Prop firms charge per share as opposed to per trade with retail firms. Per trade fee is all you pay with the reatil firm, with prop firms you may pay
    1) Rent/ monthly ( this may be waived at some firms in lieu of number of shares traded).
    2) Internet charges/ monthly
    3) Level II or NYOB/ monthly
    4) Exchange/ monthly
    5) Exchange or FINRA yearly depending where the firm and you are registered.

After all is said and done the two ( retail/prop) will even out where the difference comes in is at the leverage and platform offered. Prop firms offer much larger leverage.