R@ped by Windows XP

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by SideShowBob, Feb 28, 2010.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I remember infinite loop problems with installing win 3.1.. I managed a lab full of computers at the time and I HATED Microsoft, now I just sort of HUGELY DON'T APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DO... it's gotten that much better :)

Microsoft OS should not be sold to consumers, only MAC... Microsoft OS requires a great firewall and an IT person with lots of time on their hands to get it right...

#11     Feb 28, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

see SirCumsized post. just another reason to disable auto update if everything is working fine after clean install. i guess you have to start over from scratch and go up to SP2. i did not see any reason to update to SP3

i would go with bare bones setup-
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

#12     Mar 1, 2010
  3. ::this weekend I rebooted and Windows XP suddenly decided it
    ::needed to be activated again.

Did MS not roll out a new version of windows activation that closed a lot of known loopholes in there?

Can it be that this happened to you - i.e. a stupid little crack just stopped working ;)

#13     Mar 1, 2010
  4. I'm sure it was their rollout fix that caused it ... except it was not a cracked version and when I finally got past all their crap it activated just fine. However I bet all the actual software pirates have cracked the new update already.

#14     Mar 1, 2010
  5. Well, i can not really say anything to that - I ahe been using VLK (Volume Licensing Key) versions on XP ever since, and for 2008 / Windows 7 I am lucky enough that the contracts between me and MS make me a KMS available, so all activations happen locally, including reactivations.

#15     Mar 1, 2010