R@ped by CBOT

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by SideShowBob, Mar 30, 2010.

1. JPope

JPope

That is a valid question someyoungguy depending on your style...for me though I end up finding more opportunities/edges in less liquid markets. Just don't be the one who pays up to get in.

#11     Mar 30, 2010
  2. I do what my black box says :D :D :D

Looks like I need to fine tune my black box inputs though. Either that or run some stops myself :eek: :eek:

#12     Mar 30, 2010
  3. No wonder they call it "rough" rice.

#13     Mar 30, 2010
  4. Too funny....:D :D :D :D :D :D

#14     Mar 30, 2010
  5. Lol OK :p

I'm an aspiring algo trader myself. Just wondering how rough rice got on your radar in the first place.

If you're worried about getting r@ped, why not r@peseed futures? There's a joke in there somewhere, but I don't think I made it..

#15     Mar 30, 2010
  6. There are excellent opportunities in the Rough Rice market...
    exploitable, and not arbed out in a millisecond by black boxes...

Funny, because I just put on a big trade today in the Rice, but in the options...Talk about illiquid!!! it was tough to get in...

#16     Mar 30, 2010
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

Screw Rice, switch to Lumber. :D

Kidding aside...........the grains are coming into the time that the "FUNDS" like to pile in and put some WEATHER PREMIUM into prices. Tricky game to play with fire for POSITIONS, not daytrading.

We are well overdue for a HOT and DRY summer in the Midwest. Soybeans and corn could ROCK with a weather event. Yes, i know S America is a big producer of soy but DEMAND for beans is still strong as China likes to eat. The corn crop is considered "MADE" by the weekend of July 4TH, but beans can still suffer big yield losses through August.

Aside from a weather event.................ending stocks are rather high in corn last i looked. Have fun.

#17     Mar 30, 2010
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Did you contact the police?

#18     Mar 30, 2010
  9. Yet another one today .... went up from 1246 to 1260 in the last minute of trading....didn't get stopped out though....now the question is where we will open tonight.....

#19     Apr 29, 2010