QUOTREK - streaming wireless quotes.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Nana_Trader,

The 6000 series of iPAQs will be released soon (March/April). I know that HP is looking to deploy a PPC phone with one of these models. I would be willing to bet it is with a GSM carrier (ATTWS, T-Mobile, Cingular). The 5555 is the creme de la creme right now for iPAQs even though I think the 4100 series models are pretty darn good with all of them having built in Wi-Fi AND Bluetooth.
    Best thing though is that you can run either MidCast Pro or Quotrek on each device! :cool:

We have a couple old Quotrek users as well and they all speak very highly (almost lovingly) of their old Quotrek machines. If I'm not mistaken it is still possible to use those in NYC........

#21     Jan 13, 2004

2. amen, my brother. i would hide mine on the shelf in my cubicle and run a wire around the outside of the cubicle to eliminate having to raise the 3 foot antenna thereby avoiding suspicion. i actually traded options with the thing via olde' discount.

there is film footage of paul tudor jones walking out into traffic in NYC while looking at his qoutrek in the movie "trader". it's a great scene !

best,

surfer

#22     Jan 13, 2004

3. remember, back then, live qoutes were difficult to find without being with a firm. the quotrek made you a blurry one eyed man in the land of the blind.

best,

surfer :)

#23     Jan 13, 2004
  4. Thanks

#24     Jan 13, 2004