QuoTrek from eSignal

Discussion in 'Events' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 3, 2004.

1. DeepC

DeepC

still waiting.. ??

#11     Feb 27, 2004
  2. i am using the new quotrek product on my samsung i500 PDA phone--- it is an awesome product and i highly recommend it ! crystal clear charts, tons of technical indicators, news--it's close to being a mobile mini desk top market information station.

enjoy !

surfer:)

#12     Feb 28, 2004
  3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Deepc,

Sorry, but I am not sure we'll be supporting the Treo 300 as it is a OS 3 version I think ... from our site ...

Currently, QuoTrek will run on most of the newer Palm devices, running Palm OS 4.0 and Palm OS 5.0. The biggest single change in Palm OS 5 is that it runs on a new hardware platform, using ARM®-compliant processors from industry leaders, such as Intel, Motorola, and Texas Instruments.

There is a beta version for the Treo 600 and Samsung i500 available.

Chuck

#13     Feb 28, 2004
  4. Andre

Andre

FYI, guys... we're going to have eSignal on for a chat on Thursday, March 4th 4:30pm... specifically on QuoTrek. I don't have my PR handy, as I'm testing out my new wireless setup on my laptop. But Raphel or I will post more info soon.

André

#14     Feb 28, 2004
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

marketsurfer,

Glad you are enjoying the new Quotrek! Yes, it is feature packed.

Chuck
    http://www.QuoTrek.com

#15     Feb 28, 2004
  6. Andre

Andre

For our next chat session, John Bayer of eSignal will introduce QuoTrek... eSignal's answer for Streaming Real-Time Market Information For Mobile Investors.

John will show us how QuoTrek provides investors streaming charts with real-time data that can be displayed in a line, bar or candlestick charts.

John will also show how easy it is for users to leave their computers at home or the office and access their portfolios on their handheld, portable devices.

The chat will take place on Thursday, March 4th at 4:30pm EST in the Elite Trader Chat Room.

André

#16     Feb 29, 2004
  7. Andre

Andre

eSignal will be joining of for chat on QuoTrek here in a few minutes, in the Elite Trader Chat Room.

André

#17     Mar 4, 2004
  8. Hi, do you know if you will ever make a version of Quotrek for the Danger Sidekick? It is a typical J2ME device... Thanks.

#18     Mar 13, 2004
  9. RapidEye

RapidEye

Is it possible to use a pocketpc connected to internet via GPRS, to utilize Quotrek ? Speed of connection is about 3.5 kbytes/sec. I wan to watch just 2-3 symbols.

Thanks

#19     Mar 19, 2004
  10. ztraderOM

ztraderOM

Yes, AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile use GSM technology and currently use GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) for wireless Internet services, which transmits data at speeds from 30 kbps to 60 kbps. AT&T Wireless announced the nationwide deployment of EDGE as an upgrade to its GSM/GPRS system, Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution, or EDGE. A user can transmit data at speeds between 100 and 130 kbps. So if you have a device that receives EDGE you will get the faster data speed. With QuoTrek you will be able to watch 15 symbols at a time on your Pocket PC. I hope that answers your question.

ztraderOM

#20     Mar 19, 2004