QuoTrek from eSignal

Discussion in 'Events' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Raphel Finelli

Raphel Finelli eSignal

eSIGNAL LAUNCHES THE NEW QUOTREK STREAMING REAL-TIME MARKET INFORMATION FOR MOBILE INVESTORS

QuoTrek Enters the Mobile Market with Data From Over 75 Global Exchanges, Charting and News on BlackBerry, Palm and Pocket PC Devices

Hayward, Calif., February 3, 2004, eSignal, a division of Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC) and a leading provider of streaming, real-time financial market data, news, analytics and decision support tools to professional and individual traders, today announced the immediate availability of QuoTrek, eSignal's new, wireless quote and market information service for mobile devices. The new QuoTrek allows users to leave their computers at home or the office and access their portfolios on their handheld, portable devices.

Initially pioneered by eSignal in 1983, the original QuoTrek was a revolutionary handheld, wireless device delivering real-time market data and, at its peak boasted over 50,000 subscribers for wireless real-time market data and news. The convergence of cell phone/PDA technologies and the increased bandwidth available to today's wireless devices have afforded us the ability to introduce the new QuoTrek.

"We recognized an opportunity to once again take the lead in offering our first-class market information services to mobile investors," said Chuck Thompson, president of eSignal. "With the new QuoTrek service, subscribers can access their portfolios and comprehensive market information virtually anywhere and at anytime, freeing traders from their desks and PCs."

The new QuoTrek offers investors with mobile devices the reliable, streaming, real-time quotes that power eSignal's award-winning services and applications. With QuoTrek, U.S. and international stocks, indices, futures, options and FOREX data can be accessed using most mobile devices that utilize Microsoft Pocket PC, Palm and RIM BlackBerry operating systems.

"It is an amazing experience to have such powerful market information available in the palm of my hand," said Alexis Montenegro, QuoTrek user. "With QuoTrek, I simply scroll and tap through charts and analytical studies to get just the information I need to stay on top of my portfolio, even while I'm away from my computer."

QuoTrek provides investors streaming charts with real-time data that can be displayed in a line, bar or candlestick charts. Users can also select from more than 15 analytical studies. The QuoTrek service includes access to real-time news from PR Newswire and Business Wire.

Pricing and Availability

QuoTrek is available immediately for US$49.95 per month for new clients and US$25.00 per month for existing eSignal, eSignal Pro and MarketCenter customers. For a complete list of features or for more information, visit (www.quotrek.com) or call 1.800.833.1228.

About eSignal

The eSignal division (www.esignal.com) of Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC) (www.interactivedatacorp.com) is a leading global provider of financial and business information to professionals and individual investors. Building on a 20-year legacy of delivering time-sensitive financial information, eSignal provides streaming, real-time market data, news and analytics. The company's suite of products includes eSignal, eSignal Market Scanner, Advanced GET, eSignal Pro, MarketCenter, QuoTrek and TurboFeed.

###

2. when will your service be configured for the samsung i500 ?

surfer

3. Can you provide use with a link that has list for
    most commonly traded futures contracts and
    specification for Newly added exchanges like
    "Thailand, Korea, Mumbai and kuala lampur"?

And IB does not offer trading for these exchanges,
    can you recommand any Brokers that have them
    "electronicly" or plan to have them soon?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Raphel Finelli

Raphel Finelli eSignal

We will be announcing additional QuoTrek compatible devices/phones in the next few weeks.

5. Congrats eSignal!

This is good indication that wireless is moving towards the forefront for traders everywhere. It is a nice sight to see..... :)

6. QuoTrek Enters the Mobile Market with Data From Over 75 Global Exchanges, Charting and News on BlackBerry, Palm and Pocket PC Devices
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gongratulating for what?, for Added exchanges?
    What If members don't know which instruments
    and which brokers or platform offer them for trading?

7. DeepC

DeepC

Any plans on quotrek being configured for a treo 300?

8. Raphel Finelli

Raphel Finelli eSignal

Yes, Quo Trek will be compatible with Handspring's Smartphones. Please check back in a few weeks.

9. DeepC

DeepC

thanks for the quick reply!!

10. Does IB_Trading will be integrated with this product? If yes, do you have ETA?

thx

#10     Feb 4, 2004