Quotetracker X-Axis Scale

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jerryz, Dec 14, 2005.

1. jerryz

jerryz

How do you change the scale on the x-axis so that it has 30 minute increments. My increments are 1 hour right now.

2. click on the chart so it has focus. Hit the number 2 on the keyboard

(same as RIGHT CLICK on the chart, select CHART PERIOD/30 min

3. jerryz

jerryz

that makes my entire chart 30 minutes long.

i have 5 minute bars set up. i want the times on the x-axis to be in 30 minute increments throughout the day, like this:

9:30 10:00 10:30 ...

also, how can i get it to not show afterhours data so that the previous day's chart would end at 4:00 and the next increment would be 9:00 am the next day. i have tried going under the view menu but it is not working for me.

thanks.

4. oops, was reading too fast. sorry.

The scale is dynamically set based on the time period selected, the frequency and the size of the chart. If you change any of those, the increments on the X axis will change as well.

As for afterhours data - right click on the chart, select VIEW menu and select to NEVER show Pre/post market data. However, that would make the first increment 9:30, not 9:00 since the markets open at 9:30

5. jerryz

jerryz

i tired that method to remove afterhours data, then refilled the chart, but the aftermarket data is still there. is there something else that i need to do.

in the next version of quotetracker, can you please change the way the x-axis work so that users can set absolute increments like the y-axis?

thanks.

6. jerryz

jerryz

my chart timeframe was set at CME Globex. I was charting ES intraday. after i made the timeframe U.S. Equities, the afterhours data disappeared. is this the proper way to do it? thanks.

7. for ES the timeframe is defined as the entire session, not just 9:30 to 4:15, so there is no after-hours in affect. If you want it to be 9:30 to 4:15, create a new timeframe for those hours, then click on the yellow clock button on the chart toolbar and select the newly created timeframe