QuoteTracker with IB, need help please

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rejuvenate, Jun 4, 2009.

1. As a side note, I used FXCM's demo account with $50,000 (fake, demo only) and I was making anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 profit per day trading currencies. Sure would be be nice to get QuoteTracker going and give that a whirl. I'm also open to other software suggestions which would work with IB.

I'm trying to set up QuoteTracker 3.9.3A with Interactive Brokers so I can trade currencies. The IB account is set up and funded. I have IB's Java-based TWS open and I'm logged in. QuoteTracker is open and says it's connected, but I can't get it to show any data or real-time FX charts, even though it does show my cash balance and equity from TWS. TWS shows real-time charts. I followed QuoteTracker's website instructions and the part where they say "hit Initialize and you'll get a trading agreement,", I never had the Initialize button. Can someone please help me get fully connected? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Need help. Thanks!

2. I had the same problem when I first set up QuoteTracker. I don't have access to TWS at the moment so can't be specific about what you need to do. But in the TWS setup there's a box you need to click to allow data export. Keep checking all of the various configuration screens in TWS and eventually you'll find it.

3. Try the beta version, you will get all updates. If that doesnt work email support at support@quotetracker.com they answer ususally within minutes day or night. when you get it working you will love Quotetracker.

4. dalvord

dalvord

Try TWS>configure>API>enable Active x and DDE clients; also Quote Tracker>options>data.

Also be aware that TWS doesn't work over the weekend, until Sunday at 5 PM EST.

I agree that it is worth it, Quote Tracker has helped me trade for years.