QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Well which is it, QT R.I.P. or not?

Why the confusion?

QuoteScope is dogshit, no one uses it or will miss it.,

#51     Feb 5, 2011
  2. CET

CET

As best I call tell QT will be kept, but there will be no new improvements and no programing updates for data feeds from sources other than AMTD. If this is the case then eventually QT will only be of use to AMTD customers. After about a month of lies from QT support about them working on my data feed problem I canceled my subscription. Somewhere in there they did tell me that they were not renewing any more subscriptions, so it would be free going forward. Time will tell what the truth is.

#52     Feb 5, 2011
  3. I was told by two different TD people, Harrison and Bill, that QT will no longer be supported after 2011. The program will still work but if an issue comes up, ie. datafeed compatability, no one will be around to fix it. As I try out different platforms I realize how good QT really is.

#53     Feb 5, 2011
  4. garbar

garbar

Agreed, it seems laborious to add symbols to the scanner after doing it easily in QT but you can see the logic of it later on. So I am not to worried about the speed. Don't know about a fell swoop method. I'd ask support - they are very helpful.

Not sure what you mean about scrolling. Charts load slower though.

Charts can be made cleaner and MultiCharts has workspaces so easy to organize many charts. Once my trial runs out and I buy the program I have tons of feature requests for them which if they implement MultiCharts will be one kick**s charting platform.

QT was good while it lasted. MultiCharts has the potential to be better. :)

#54     Feb 7, 2011
  5. samus

samus

...couldn't believe it when I read it, so I emailed TDA and they confirmed they are phasing it out. The guy tried to sell me on other tools they offer, but anyone who has ever used QT quickly realizes how great a charting tool it really is... the others are just absolute crap.

I'm on the search for a new charting tool and looking at Sierra, but like someone said earlier... it's a sad day to lose this app. Very sad.

I may even rethink my whole TDA relationship if I find something more appropriate for my style of trading.

#55     Feb 7, 2011
  6. what chart are you getting now that can't be got from any other even better??

#56     Feb 7, 2011
  7. if QT becomes free but without support, then we can still use it for a couple of years right ?

#57     Feb 7, 2011
  8. uh no. who wants the liability for unsupported SW out there?

#58     Feb 7, 2011
  9. garbar

garbar

Yep, QT was great and the rest are crap. Except MultiCharts. It's your best best. Man I was bummed while trying them all out. Thought I might have to become an EOD trader just using AmiBroker.

#59     Feb 7, 2011
  10. luxor

luxor

As with Wealth-Lab, QT, you will be missed.

#60     Feb 7, 2011