QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. this is the last thing i wanted to hear. i can't trade without QT. NT is still inferior even with their latest s/w release.

i might even quit trading and go into farming as Jim Rogers suggested.

#31     Jan 15, 2011
  2. garbar

garbar

If the software was written in some obscure old language and no one but Jerry can support the beast some clever young programmer should come along and look at it and then start programming (using JAVA) charts that look and act just like QT, along with all the other bits that make it superior to anything else that is out there. Believe me, the heavy lifting has been done already. Reverse engineer the thing and all the people who loved QT will flock to the new one. For people who know programming this is not rocket science even though the rest of us might have no clue where to start.

To be successful in trading there are some of us who don't need 18 million bells and whistles. Good charts, simple trend line drawing tools, some Fibonacci along with that awesome symbol list with it's properly blinking price, bid, ask, high and low prices, combined with the averages printed at the top are about all I need. When it's gone my 'eye' into the market will go from 20-20 to something less. I'm working on a replacement but nothing quite like it is showing up.

#32     Jan 15, 2011
  3. For the record. SierraChart will do everything with IB backfill that it will with live data (allowing for the backfill's granularity) so you can do volume charts on live, 5 sec, or backfilled data.

#33     Jan 15, 2011
  4. beergas

beergas

Reading this news is depressing. No comparison with ToS which I've been running at same time. Gotta find a similar prg to QT just in case this does come about. ToS does offer AMTD tie-ins like CNBC but way to horsey listing of stocks. No real Portfolios and such for fast scanning.
    I imagine QT will work for awhile with ETrade and Yahoo but no idea how long that goes.
    Need same kind of look & features. Portfolios, charts, alerts. trades. news feeds are the most important features to me.
    Thanks guys. Looked at Sierra Chart but costs coin, while QT free thru the TDA site and ETrade feeds.
    Heck even the TDA sire itself is better than ToS.

#34     Jan 16, 2011
  5. What can I replace QT with? I need customized MACD and Stochastics and I need it on a 30 minute interval for daily charts.

Any ideas?

#35     Jan 16, 2011
  6. I will be happy to close my TDA account once QT goes away. The place is a joke of a brokerage for daytrading.

#36     Jan 16, 2011
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

Thanks, that is good to know.

#37     Jan 16, 2011
  8. I just talked to 2 different people in tech support at Ameritrade both assured me it is Quote Scope and not Quote Tracker that is being phased out . They actually told me that if QT was to be phased out people would still be able to use it if they asked but it might involve a fee. So, I will keep using it for now and hope they are telling the truth.

#38     Jan 19, 2011
  9. lassic

lassic

sounds encouraging

... but no automatic MLK market holiday update on my end, had to do it manually, hmmmmm...

#39     Jan 19, 2011
  10. I have an a/c with TD Am.Trade

I use TOS ( mostly for placing paper trades where fill notice comes in via email in to my phone when I dont watch tick by tick or want to wait for the trade to come to my target point)

but I trade stocks,etf and options thro QT.
    I sent them a mail few days back asking for Pearson's Pivot (in TOS) to be included in QT. I got the reply that QT is going to be closed by end 2011.
    I just can not imagine, how I can trade with out paint bar set ups in QT.

Also 20 days intra day stored tick data & historical 2 yr charts are good for post martem and trying out new paint bars with out internet connection.

TOS with out live connection to the server is dead.

#40     Jan 20, 2011