QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. garbar

garbar

I use AmiBroker for EOD charting and QT for intraday work. Yes, they are two different animals. For my style of trading AmiBroker cannot be a substitute for QT despite it being excellent software. Using the two together was working very well for me.

After years of using QT I had it tuned and set up so I could 'see' the entire market at a glance in all the detail I needed. It would take to long to describe what I have it doing for me save to say I am going to miss it badly when it does go and sorely wish some miracle would happen to keep it alive. After trying other software I still shake my head when I switch back to QT and see how simply and elegantly it works. It is difficult to believe something this beautiful can being willingly let die. :( :mad: :confused:

#11     Jan 13, 2011
  2. I once bought a lifetime licence for Qt. Jerry let that die with no compunction. So why should Ameritrade feel any more guilt?

#12     Jan 13, 2011
  3. garbar

garbar

I'm just saying there is a lot of value in that software. To just through it away is a waste.

#13     Jan 13, 2011
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I was using RealTIck for years for free until I tried QT. I found QT to be far better and I switched to QT. I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for the continued use of QT. I will also close the account I have with AT when they no longer support QT. I would like to see Jerry get QT back if he wants QT.

#14     Jan 13, 2011
  5. garbar

garbar

I too would pay more. Other new platforms may do some things better than QT but QT does enough things very well for me to make money. If they added nothing to it from now till forever I would still be able to trade based on the simple clear charts I use. I don't need new bells and whistles. I did ask for an arc tool but I can easily live without that.

#15     Jan 13, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Do you remember how long ago it was when you took a look at NT?

#16     Jan 13, 2011
  7. Just recently had (again) a look at NT and a conversation with their support.

It's ridiculous: You can't have constant volume charts with IB backfill in this program!

That's something that QT could do for ages though it has a long standing and ennoying bug in the way it does it.

Bottomline is for me ist that NT doesn't really care about IB users.
    They want you to subscribe to some extra backfill service (barcharts is apparently their favorite).

#17     Jan 14, 2011
  8. BwPirt

BwPirt

I've never used QT, what would anyone say is the best part of it? I mainly trade FX, and dabble in stocks.

#18     Jan 14, 2011
  9. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

We care very much for all our clients including those using IB. Currently you are right in that NinjaTrader cannot construct volume bars nor any bar that requires historical tick data when using IB as a data provider. This is because IB does not support historical tick data. If/when they do, NinjaTrader will support this.

#19     Jan 14, 2011
  10. QT can and does construct volume bars from non-tick data (like IBs) for ages.

It is absolutely not necessary to have tick data to build volume bars.

Also IB is supplying historical data down to the 1 sec level.
    This is for sure close enough to tick data.

#20     Jan 14, 2011