QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Thanks terr. I'm still deciding what to do. I'll look through my scripts and see what specific http calls I make. They tend to just be the ones that do a latest trade only data dump of specific tickers or of a portfolio.

There's probably a more intelligent way of doing this, but QT has worked so well for so long that I just haven't investigated it.

I'll send y'all an email.

Thanks again.

#1761     Aug 17, 2016
  2. I hesitate to ask this because it might make me seem ungrateful and/or obstinate. Ok, I may be a little obstinate. But it's a question that's been bothering me for a couple of days and if there's a place to ask it, it's here.

What's changing?

Is the data stream going to be different? Do they just want me to use ToS? Why would MT work and QT not? Maybe whatever handshakes are required for trading are going to be different. Or maybe they decided the security of QT, which hasn't been upgraded in years, was vulnerable.

I created an account with Ameritrade because of the QT promotion they were running at the the time. I'm a little miffed that with zero explanation they basically say they're done with all that.

My best guess is probably security, but I don't know. I guess I can survive without knowing, but if anyone could answer, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

#1762     Aug 19, 2016
  3. They don't want to support it. TDA is turning off the login access for QT. And I believe the QT server, so the registration stuff would also fail (depending on QT version). And of course they want everyone to use TOS, and like it, whether they like it or not :). To quote a recent client:

"Thank you for saving me from the Think or Swim, a Sherman Tank for cruising the highway. Just not very nimble"

#1763     Aug 19, 2016
    tomi01 likes this.
  4. neke

neke

If the aim is just to promote TOS, wouldn't they do likewise with MT? I am/was in the same position, as I needed QT for the Trading/server APIs. Now I have basically converted to TDAs Trading API. Hopefully that doesnt stop working suddenly: its like that area is the least of their concern, as support is so remote/hard to get a response from them.

#1764     Aug 19, 2016
  5. TDA doesn't like to promote platforms they don't own. Heck, they didn't even promote QT when they did own it :)

#1765     Aug 19, 2016
  6. @j_medved - Thanks for your reply. You've been nothing but great through all of this.

#1766     Aug 23, 2016
  7. hi, I haven't been trading for a few years, my acct. used to be with stock watch. I still have quote tracker software in my SSD. Does stock watch still feed real time data to Quote Tracker? In short, can we still use Quote Tracker? If not, what does everyone uses nowadays?

#1767     Oct 30, 2018
  8. You cannot use QT. Medved Trader is the replacement. Https://Medvedtrader.com

That will work with stock watch pretty much the same as quote tracker did.

#1768     Oct 30, 2018
  9. I want to clarify the fee. If I sign up w/ Stock Watch again, and in the past, you have some kind of arrangement with Stockwatch, and I paid a few $ more for using your Quote Tracker using their data.

Is it still the same w/ STock Watch, meaning, like the old arrangment, I paid them, but I don't pay you directly?

Alternatively, what are the "subscription data feeds that we support.", I can't find that link, and how much?

because:

i) I am more happy to pay you directly
    ii) in the past, there is small problems of me getting the symbol under quotetracker (usually index symbol) to get the weekly or annual charts thru stockwatch

#1769     Oct 31, 2018
  10. datafeed sources link: https://medvedtrader.com/sources

Stockwatch Subscription - if you sign up with them, you pay their regular fee. Only thing you need to do is on their account page where you pick all the exchanges and options, also check the box for Medved Trader. It is $0.00 but has to be explicitly checked.

Stockwatch/Symbols - should be much better handled in MT vs the way it was done in QT. Just use the symbol for US stocks, SYMBOL:CA for Canadian (in most cases), $SYMBOL for index symbols.

you can also use your broker's datafeed, in which case no separate datafeed subscription is needed.

MT subscription is separate: https://medvedtrader.com/pricing

#1770     Oct 31, 2018