Quotetracker still the best!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader07, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I'm glad you got your issue resolved with them (plural).

Care to give us more of the details? - I don't use IB currently, but it most definitely is a consideration for the future (trade futs only).

Regards,

Jimmy J

#11     Aug 10, 2007
  2. That's an easy one.

Just sign up with NinjaTrader, or Booktrader or Buttontrader and you can paper trade to your hearts content (point in fact, you shouldn't be trading real money until you've established the psychological framework for trading).

Good trading,

JJ

#12     Aug 10, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

that feature puzzles me. When I want to zoom I keep hitting up/down arrow and nothing happen.:)

#13     Aug 10, 2007
  4. Nope, and that is a pity.
    It can however chart a portfolio, so eg. you can build a pair of futures and show the differential value on a chart.

Ursa..

#14     Aug 10, 2007
  5. JackR

JackR

Try the Plus and Minus keys

#15     Aug 10, 2007
  6. I took a few years off from trading. I am starting up a new trading account with IB. I have downloaded the free quotetracker to try out. Until my account is up and open with IB and I am ready to start trading I have no data/market feed. When the account is open I will likely get data from IB. I would like to paper trade for a bit until I am ready to go.

Is there a place I can get free realtime or delayed data for quotetracker until then?

Who are you using for data?

#16     Aug 11, 2007
  7. rcj

rcj

grab it with th mouse, N ...works great!

#17     Aug 11, 2007
  8. rcj

rcj

Major ... Yes, i agree, a pity that one cant put two graphs on a chart. But, its still a great package and i couldnt work without it.

Love those floating windows ... real important to me.

rj

#18     Aug 11, 2007
  9. Oh yes, I agree with that, would not change it for something else. Just gave an answer to the question.
    The reason I mentioned the pairs was that the one and only time I wanted to have 2 graphs on the same chart was when I tried some pairs-trading in Eminis. I found out than rather than view the two eminis in the same graph I could make a portfolio, long YM short NQ eg. and watch the chart for this portfolio, including all the bellsandwhistles for TA. That was rather nice, I thought.

Ursa..

#19     Aug 11, 2007
  10. Used QT for years, love it. Recently started running Metatrader4 alongside for one reason, intraday data >10 days. Also, MT4 pops up a lot quicker than IB TWS > Security key/code calculator > QT, but that's not QT's fault. :)

#20     Aug 11, 2007