QuoteTracker question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cmaxb, Aug 6, 2007.

1. cmaxb

cmaxb

Since the boards are down...In my charts, I have a certain amount of data loaded. The scrollbar takes up the whole width of the chart, making the bars really fat. This is only a problem with some symbols. E.g. Asian symbols have less data per day than American. If I load 3 days of American (ES), the bars look like the right width. But I need to load maybe 8 days of Asian data to have a good-looking chart. But in QT, days loaded is a global setting. So I either need to, 1) find a way to make the scrollbar wider than the chart to make the bars of data narrower, or 2) have some way to control days loaded per chart.

2. balda

balda

grab the scroll bar with your mouse pointer at the left and drag it to a desired width.

3. cmaxb

cmaxb

Right, but I can't drag it wider than the width of the chart. How do I make the bars narrrower without loading more data?

4. balda

balda

I am not a QT user,
    I misunderstood the question.

5. You can't "compress" data that simply isn't there. Try changing from a candlestick chart on those thinly traded stocks/futures to a Range Candlestick chart. That'll do the trick.
    GT

6. Lower the timeframe?

:confused:

I think I'm missing something here, in a 3 day 5 minute barchart there will be 200-300 bars, and they will be narrow on any screen, not?

Ursa..

7. It depends on what it is. If u trade cattle or hogs etc, you'll be lucky to have that many bars in a month.

8. cmaxb

cmaxb

Actually, that's what I'm using. The more the range, the fewer the bars. Even if there are only two bars, you should be able to compress them. :(

9. Ah, alright didn't get that. So, you use a timeframe that does form bars but then you only get a few bars a day? What's the use of these intraday bars then? Seems useless to do anything technical with them.

Ursa..

10. abruzzo9

abruzzo9

can't you add more room to the x axis using the drop down menu bar at the top left of the chart....this should compress the bars...or is this not what you are looking for?

#10     Aug 7, 2007