QuoteTracker Problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hoodooman, May 10, 2007.

1. I updated to the new QT and now I can't get any quotes from Scottrade.

I emailed support and got a long and involved grocery list of instructions.

The problem is I don't know what the support is talking about so I deleted my program and then reinstalled it.

Same old problem. Can't log in to quotes.

I'm still using windows 98. Could that be the problem?

All help is appreciated.

2. The best advice you're going to get is to email them back and work through whatever the problem is.

They are trained professionals and are your most likely option for fixing the problem, as the liklihood of someone else who trades through Scottrade and uses Windows 98 and is having your exact same problem is slim and none.

I'm not flaming you, I'm serious.

Good luck,

JJ

3. stoked

stoked

is scott trade still supported?

---------------

Hello Valued Client,

My name is Jerry Medved, founder of QuoteTracker — a powerful trading tool that offers streaming, real-time quotes, alerts, charts and more. We're always looking for ways to improve our clients' experience. In that effort, I'm excited to announce our recent affiliation with TD AMERITRADE and introduce our new, enhanced easy-to-use features.

I realized that by partnering with a trusted industry leader, we could offer our clients even more — like increased intraday charts — and create a truly exceptional trading experience. In order for you to experience all the benefits for yourself, TD AMERITRADE has arranged for you to receive a special, reduced commission rate.

Exclusive offer from TD AMERITRADE
    TD AMERITRADE delivers independent research, affordable pricing and integrated gain/loss tracking to help traders like you. Now's a great time to open a new TD AMERITRADE account. You'll receive a special $7 commission rate when you open a new TD AMERITRADE account and fund it with $2,000 or more by July 6, 2007!

In addition to advanced charting and technical analysis, QuoteTracker users with a TD AMERITRADE account also get:
    QuoteTracker's premium software FREE without banner ads ($60 annual
    value).
    Up to 10 days of data on intraday charts, instead of two on the un-registered
    version.
    The use of QuoteTracker to enter orders in your TD AMERITRADE account.
    The ability to enter orders when and where you need to — through
    QuoteTracker or at tdameritrade.com.
    Take advantage of this special commission rate by opening an account today.1

If you have any questions about opening a new account or about this offer, don't hesitate to call TD AMERITRADE's New Accounts team at 800-454-9272.

New QuoteTracker features
    We've added new features and functionality that make QuoteTracker even more efficient and easy to use:
    Paintbar Alerts – These triggered alerts, based on any combination of quote
    data and technical indicators, take QuoteTracker to a new level. Now you
    have advanced capabilities that give you more flexibility to customize alert
    criteria and triggers.

Saving Layouts – Quickly save and retrieve your QuoteTracker windows
    layouts to use later on for different trading strategies or to share with others.
    You no longer have to manually re-open and reposition your windows. Once
    you're in QuoteTracker, save your screen layouts in the File menu.

Automatic Backup – You now have automatic backup of all your
    QuoteTracker settings across multiple sessions. Easily go back to previous
    setups and restore settings from the File menu, even if you've restarted
    QuoteTracker.
    We'll keep looking for ways to improve the QuoteTracker experience. Look for messages from me to tell you about future enhancements coming soon!

Sincerely,

Jerry Medved
    QuoteTracker Product Manager
    T2 API Technologies, LLC

4. Just switched data provider from IB to my Scottrade login in QT (3.8.5) and quotes are coming up fine, no problems here.

5. My problem is fixed thanks to Jerry Medved, who called me personally and then using his vnc program, was able to trouble shoot my problem on my own computer!!!. I was flabbergasted that he could do that!!!

By the way, the problem wasn't the fault of quotetracker. It turned out that my security certificates had expired and I didn't know it because I use firefox exclusively rather than internet explorer which Jerry said would have warned me.

So thats something for other people to be made aware of. The quotes just wouldn't connect.

I can't think of another person who is as friendly and helpful as this man. He's one in a million!!

Thanks Jerry and may the good karma be with you.

Peter Daniels

6. Agreed, forgot to mention this in previous posts. Support from the Medved team is superb!
    Sometimes I have a dumb question or a feature request which I post around 12:00 UTC, 06:00 EST. I often have an answer in within an hour or 2. We did some very detailed bug-hunting one day, with 20 posts in a day. Next day there was a new beta. Now that is how it should be done. Highly recommended.

Ursa..

7. Jerry knows customer service. He's very cool.