QuoteTracker---Prices to double.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BSAM, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Communication from the vendor hasn't been particularly clear. Seems to me you could open the brokerage account to get QT for free and still can your data from IB.

I'm like you in that I've just been using the free version. It really helped my trading. Going forward I'm just going to pay them (a one year subscription before the rates go up).

#71     Aug 28, 2009
  2. high99

high99

Frankly I cannot believe they have keep the free version and the $7 version for as long as they have. If this increase is really going to change your monthly bottom line so much, perhaps you should cut back on toothpaste or toilet paper to compensate. Some of you must live out of your cars.

#72     Aug 29, 2009
  3. It doesn't change anything.

We don't want to have to open an account with TDAmeritrade to get the 20 day lookback version of the software, and don't belive the Nimrods who trade with them should be given preferential treatment.

It really is very simple to everyone but the morons like you, Landis82 and l2tradr, who think with stuff that comes out of your asshole.

#73     Aug 29, 2009
  4. The original post says it all.

If you disagree with what he's saying, that's fine. Start another thread talking abot how QuoteTracker is such a great software people should be lining up to Open an account with TDAmeritrade so they can make use of it.

Assholes :(

#74     Aug 29, 2009
  5. high99

high99

Amazing that individuals can get so worked up responding to an anonymous message board. Nobody knows you, and nobody cares about you. You are nothing but a strange name on an essentially meaningless computer site.
    Think about it.

#75     Aug 29, 2009
  6. Thanks for confirming that your posts are meaningless and useless.

#76     Aug 29, 2009
  7. Well, there are an awful lot of "frail" little Egos out there and they'll do anything to defend themselves even if it means looking like an absolute FOOL crying over an extra $10 per month.

In any event, I would simply like to point out that Jerry Medved is one of the finest guys that you'll ever meet in this business. He is extremely helpful and supportive when it comes to helping people with using and understanding Quotetracker.

Jerry not only responds to e-mails requesting support within the day, and many times within the hour, but he will also activate a "VNC" software program that allows himself to come onto your computer monitors and "troubleshoot" your platform if you have a problem.

The value that Jerry adds to Quotetracker is enormous.

But leave it to people to piss all over themselves over an extra $10 per month. If you don't like it, you can always spend $350 per month on something like Realtick or you can spend almost as much as that on ESignal which more often than not, lags and can't keep up with current data-feed demands, in my opinion.

Quotetracker is an incredible value.

#77     Sep 1, 2009
  8. Landis,

The other alternative is Sierra Chart. Its been a bit more expensive than QT for a while (no more :)) but offers user programmability and as much data storage as one could want.

So you don't have to pay more - you can probably pay less. And the SC team are every bit as responsive as Jerry used to be.

#78     Sep 1, 2009
  9. dcvtss

dcvtss

If you go from the monthly subscription to the new yearly it is $3 more a month, 10 cents a day, well worth it in my opinion. Since my next billing date was before the increase I locked in a year for $60, an incredible value. Working in software I can attest that an enormous amount of work must have gone into QT over the years.

#79     Sep 1, 2009
  10. kiwi.....the POTENTIAL FOR SIERA IS INCREDIBLE BUT.....they let me down during too many critical moments of live trading...dropped them for quotetracker years ago.....and havent missed them for more than a rare occasional moment

#80     Sep 1, 2009