QuoteTracker---Prices to double.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BSAM, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Good luck with the reasonably priced part.

#41     Aug 24, 2009
  2. They've given preference to the uses who have a TDAmeritarde account vs. just the standalone QuoteTracker users, plus they're doubling the price.

If I have no interest in trading stocks or opening up a TDAmeritrade account, yes, it is a Big Fucking Deal.

#42     Aug 24, 2009
  3. The "preference" to TD Ameritrade users has been there for years . . . This is nothing new.

And last time I checked, Ameritrade owned QT. It's America. They can do whatever they want and charge whatever rate that the marketplace will bear. If $10 per month is too much for you, I feel sorry for you.

#43     Aug 24, 2009
  4. The issue has nothing to do with money, it has to do with not wanting to be forced to have an account with TDAmeritrade to get the optimal use out of QuoteTracker.

I feel sorry for you that you have to run around ET and constatly show what a POS you are. :eek:

#44     Aug 24, 2009
  5. Sierra Charts wipes the floor with QuoteTracker (which is mainly a new-user/intermediate level software). :p

I've been resisting the transition to it because of ease-of-use and famaliarity with QuoteTracker. But it looks like I'm going to have to dust-off the ol analytical tools and get to work. :)

I do a lot of data streaming with excel as well as using multiple time-frame analysis, so finding a solution which is all-in-one (instead of piecemeal, like QuoteTracker in combination with any other add-on softwares) is ultimately the better solution anway. :D

#45     Aug 25, 2009
  6. You will like Sierra for multi-timeframe ... its very powerful especially if you take the time to learn to use the SC equivalent of easylanguage :)))

#46     Aug 25, 2009
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

Thanks for the response, I don't mind opening a small account at TD to get quotetracker I think it is worth it I just can't seem to find any clear communications from either QT or TD about the registration/upgrade process and don't want to spend a bunch of time replicating the settings I've created over the past couple of years. It would certainly be helpful if their instructions were a bit more explicit! I still think their long term strategy will be to restrict QT datafeed to just TD...hope not though.

#47     Aug 25, 2009
  8. a5519

a5519

QT is masterpiece of software and $10/month is very cheap.

In this case, saving must be done in other place.

#48     Aug 25, 2009
  9. Optimal use out of Quotetracker???
    Feel free to define the word optimal.

It has nothing to do with being forced to open an account with Ameritrade... that is unless you are the "cheapskate" that you are and the issue revolves around a whole $10 extra per month.

On one hand you claim that this "issue" has NOTHING to do with money, yet you turn around and contradict yourself in the very next sentence.

Your logic is as "twisted" as ever.
    :D

#49     Aug 25, 2009
  10. As a user of DTN's "IQ-Feed" and someone that has had numerous conversations with management at TD Ameritrade over how mediocre their "streamer" data-feed is ( it was finally updated last December but still lags badly during volume/price surges ), I don't believe that your concern is an issue.

If you have any other questions, I would highly suggest that you send an e-mail to Jerry or Mazel at QT.

support@quotetracker.com

#50     Aug 25, 2009