QuoteTracker---Prices to double.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BSAM, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Is there any other alternative to QT which is reasonably priced or it is free? Thanks for the replies

#31     Aug 24, 2009
  2. just21

just21

#32     Aug 24, 2009
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

Has anyone seen any more details on this? What concerns me is that the next step seems to me to be to phase out support for data feeds besides TD Ameritrade's. Do they have futures and forex data? Since you have to re-install the product (I believe) to get the "premium" version are you able to migrate your custom charts and studies? What a bunch of bs to put your users through, I can't blame Jerry for taking the payout but if there was an alternative product of similar price and quality I would be looking at it really hard.

#33     Aug 24, 2009
  4. just21

just21

I have been using www.freestockcharts.com which is very good but browser based. Try www.ninjatrader.com which streams from your broker and is free unless you want to put the trades on from the application.

#34     Aug 24, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

If IB charts would merely update with each "last", as shown on the chart's attached quote panel, they would be offering a much better charting product. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.:confused:

#35     Aug 24, 2009
  6. CET

CET

I hope no one expected anything different than what they are doing. They only agreed to keep QT free for a set period of time, and then they want every dollar they can get. It would be perfect if a good alternative were available to siphon off a large percentage of current QT users.

#36     Aug 24, 2009
  7. Thanks, I will look into Ninjatrader. I mostly like to use Renco charts. I have to find whether they give this type of chart.

Why cant IB negotiate special deals for IB a/c holders? That will be excellent move.

#37     Aug 24, 2009
  8. Is there any serious alternative to QT ?
    It sure sucks that IB can't even come up with a decent charting platform a bunch of fools run TWS development.

#38     Aug 24, 2009
  9. Not an issue.
    Not in any current plans that I'm aware of.
    And (contrary to what you may have understood in the confusing e-mail that they sent out; because they called it a "Premium Quotetracker ) there is no need to re-install anything. It's the same QT.

There is some functionality that is specific to Ameritrade users, but it's the SAME QT. You do not need to re-install anything!

#39     Aug 24, 2009
  10. Would you rather that TD Ameritrade disable everything like Fidelity did with Wealthlab?

All that is done is increase the registration price to $10/month and make it required for US brokers. I admit that the e-mail that was sent out was "horrible"... but let's not get all "Wee Wee'd Up" about this.:D

BFD.

#40     Aug 24, 2009