QuoteTracker---Prices to double.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BSAM, Aug 21, 2009.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Quite frankly, I agree.

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. LOL, . :p

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. akeserla

akeserla

TD Ameritrade does not charge inactivity fees.. but there is a 100$ fee for Account closing. Now they even give the Thinkorswim platform for free

-A

#13     Aug 23, 2009
  4. I agree with you 100% BSAM.

If QT weren't such a user-friendly product where you can easily create numerous technical studies on-the-fly I'd drop'em like hot potato and run over to Sierra charts ASAP.

#14     Aug 23, 2009
  5. How much will non-ameritrade customers have to pay after Sept 21?

#15     Aug 23, 2009
  6. Here's the email from QuoteTracker:
    Get QuoteTracker for Free – Open a TD AMERITRADE Account Today

We want to let you know that soon the subscription price of QuoteTracker will be increasing. At the start of your next billing cycle, the cost will be $14 if you pay monthly, $70 for a 6-month subscription, or $120 for a 1-year subscription.
    + you will only get 10 days of data backfill if you pay for QuoteTracker, vs. 20 days of data backfill if you just open up an account (any type) with TDAmeritrade.

It's hardball marketing at its worst. :(

#16     Aug 23, 2009
  7. The fees are meaningless but this is one step away from totally exclusive use for td clients.

Time to get some alternatives ready I guess. Luckily IB TWS Charts are just about ready for primetime.:)

#17     Aug 23, 2009
  8. Which IB charts? Mine don't seem to be. :eek: :D

#18     Aug 23, 2009
  9. CET

CET

You can use QT for free if you can trade effectively with the limitations it comes with. I believe the limitations are: limited to 2 days of data on your QT charts; there will be AMTD ads; your backfill will be limited to the number of days that your broker provides, if other than AMTD; you may be limited on the number of symbols you can track/stream. Should you try this route, you can use the Prophet charts option within QT for longer time frame charts when you want to view more than 2 days. The Prophet charts provide all the time frames you need but are delayed 15 minutes.

#19     Aug 23, 2009
  10. Nobody in their right mind would trade with those preset limitations.

Thanks anyway.

#20     Aug 23, 2009