QuoteTracker permanent bug

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Feb 27, 2007.

1. lassic

lassic

been using QT for 10 years and they even implemented some of my suggestions.

Jerry has always been great and hope they made a killing.

but emailed them a couple weeks ago about some minor question, well it was different, dont think it was Jerry who replied. Seem like it was new people replying.

#31     Mar 1, 2007
  2. chartie

chartie

Jerry and Mike were “in process of moving to East Coast”.

Not sure if they have settled by now. Didn’t see them at the Expo AMTD booth.

#32     Mar 1, 2007
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

I sent an e-mail to QT support two days ago and got a reply from Jerry that day at 11.20 PM at night that solved my problem (it was a problem with my hardware and not QT). That is what I call dedicated support. I wish Jerry had not sold QT and started charging enough for the QT use to make the monetary return he wanted. As for my use of Quotetracker, I think this a great software program.

I would like to see QT provide data as RealTick does. RealTick stores all of the tick and historical information on RealTick servers. When a chart for a symbol is requested, RealTick provides only what is needed for the date range requested and continues to update it until the chart is closed or the user closes RealTick. The data is not saved and stored on the users PC. It sure makes sense. It seems to me to be more efficient to clean up all of the data and stored at the providers location. There is no user editing to remove spikes or correct data errors. RealTick takes care of all that on their side.

Catoosa

#33     Mar 2, 2007
  4. This problem , as I have already explained, is possibly the result of multiple feeds, but who knows.

I use Ameritrade for backfill of intraday data. What happens is , QT grabs an old quote before getting all the backfill data.

Does not happen on all charts for some reason, but enough to be an annoyance.

Theres no reason for the last bar to have some wild high or low. I don't think it has anything to do with bad data, and it has nothing to do with IB backfill SINCE I AM NOT USING IB BACKFILL.

And yes, support is generally good, but they decided this issue was unsolvable for some bizzare reason. A black mark on an otherwise competant platform.

#34     Mar 2, 2007
  5. Anyone know why QT is so sluggish in opening windows? Seems like each chart or window takes much more time than it should, so opening a complex two screen setup takes over a minute.

#35     Mar 2, 2007
  6. I think I've narrowed it down. Basically, when backfilling, the last candle becomes the difference between the current tick and the last stored tick in the cache.

In other words, if you did a backfill of the Dow, shut down QT, the restarted 3 hours later and did another backfill, the last candle will be the difference between the current tick and the last cached tick from 3 hours ago. This explains why fresh charts never exhibit this problem (at least for me). Only charts with historical cached data have the issue (my entire watchlist..)

It doesn't seem like it should be so hard for Jerry to code QT to calculate the last candle based upon a refreshed tick, not the last cached tick. But apparently it is, and we'll have to deal with it. Thanks for the shift-ctrl-H/shift-ctrl-L tip for quick spike removal, I'm finding that a lot easier than right-clicking through 2 sub-menus..

No problems here. QT flies on my A64 3200 2GB.

#36     Mar 2, 2007
  7. Who is Mike? Jerry's gay lover?

#37     Mar 3, 2007
  8. Did you forget already? Mike is your gay lover. Your memory is
    getting pretty bad in your old age, pimplehead. You should be
    checked for alzheimers...

#38     Mar 3, 2007
  9. CONR

CONR

You must have lost a sh*tload of money this week. So as a result you have to take out your feelings of inadequacy out on other people. Why don't you take your 5'7" 85lb stature a go to another forum.

#39     Mar 3, 2007
  10. WRONG!! I'm not gay. And two unmarried men at Jerry's age living and traveling together means they are gay. Jerry and Mike are gay lovers. It is obvious. To each their own. Toodles. LOL!!

#40     Mar 3, 2007