QuoteTracker permanent bug

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Feb 27, 2007.

1. I think you're right, it seems some simple internal data-structure error; starting-point of some overwrite or something.

This is indeed an old bug.

Ursa..

#11     Feb 27, 2007
  2. Yes, every 2 weeks or so there is a new (beta) release. I find quality control and bug feedback excellent and they could teach some of the 'professional' (read: expensive) packages a few tricks.

Quotetracker is excellent, even if it would cost more/something.

Ursa..

#12     Feb 27, 2007
  3. Lucre

Lucre

Since the Ameritrade buy, do they still upgrade that frequently?
    Has how they support IB data and trading been updated?

#13     Feb 27, 2007
  4. They do not upgrade often these days, and they had a very useful message board that Ameritrade canned.

I like QT, especially the price ;)

Seriously, other than being a bit sluggish in response time, it has many features.

This particular bug has been sloughed off as 'not fixable' for some bizarre reason.

PS The fastest way to clear the BAD LAST BAR, or any wild tick, is SHIFT-CTRL-L for a bad low tick and SHIFT-CTRL-H for a high.

Faster than a hand edit.

#14     Feb 27, 2007
  5. Quotetracker always gives people problems. I realize it is free, but if anybody trades with it, then they will lose their money. Maybe somebody will program free charting software so people dont' have to use quotetracker any longer. The longer you use quote tracker, the more money you will lose.

Anybody know of a quotetracker alternative?

#15     Feb 28, 2007
  6. So QT has always given YOU problems. And YOU lose money
    trading with it. And the longer you have used it, the more money
    you have lost. You better find another charting package fast.

Or YOU will blow out your account...:p

#16     Feb 28, 2007
  7. Ameritrade bought quotetracker?

#17     Mar 1, 2007
  8. jem

jem

I have used close to a dozen trading packages. I had quotetracker as a backup. Now, half the time I do not even start my other datafeed charting package.

I have been happy enough with it that I paid them for a years subscription.

#18     Mar 1, 2007
  9. Usually that weird guy Jerry Medved that owns quote tracker is on every one of these threads defending his software like a retard who can't handle criticsm. He was a very strange person.

#19     Mar 1, 2007
  10. GTS

GTS

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77789

#20     Mar 1, 2007