Quotetracker now $14 per month for InteractiveBrokers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swtrader, Sep 22, 2009.

1. I'm sticking with QT as long as I can.

14 bucks a month is still a sweet deal compared to what you get. And for IB TWS data its the best option regardless of price.

#41     Sep 24, 2009
  2. Agreed.
    And the DTN "IQ-Feed" works real well with QT.
    :)

#42     Sep 25, 2009
  3. ... if you don't mind the bugs they have in their IB interface (artificial volume spikes and others) that are there for years and which they do not bother to fix.

#43     Sep 25, 2009
  4. Viper101

Viper101

Just downgrade to version 3.9.3a. Its not compatible with IQ Feed current client for backfills though. For that you can use another source.

http://rapidshare.com/files/285059449/QT_3.9.3a.exe.html

Or the other option is use the latest version of QT with IQ Feed and detached the order window in TWS. You will have to manually enter the symbol to make a trade.

#44     Sep 25, 2009
  5. QT better than Ami?
    Hmm you made me smile a lot. While I never took a serious look at QT (it looks very cheapish and amateur like, just for those whom 10-15 dollars a month is too much and who cant even meet the PDT a/c balance) Amibroker is an excellent tool for prototyping trading strategies. Seriously, show me a tool that has a faster algorithm to zoom through historical data and I will bow to you. Amibroker can hook up to IB, Esignal, IQfeed and tons other feeds, the charting looks way better than QT and you can code pretty much anything you want in no time. So, which part about QT is better except that its for the freebe lovers?

#45     Sep 27, 2009
  6. true, this is a lot of effort, well, some people spend time working and trading or making money elsewhere, and others are true believers in Web 2.0 who provide all the content to the rest of us, thanks LANDIS!!! LOL

#46     Sep 27, 2009