Quotetracker now $14 per month for InteractiveBrokers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swtrader, Sep 22, 2009.

1. If one can't spend $14 on software that one considers vital then it might be time to look for a new profession.

#31     Sep 23, 2009
  2. It's 120 for the year - you get a discount.

#32     Sep 23, 2009
  3. who281

who281

ok well i paid the $120 for the year.. i tried to mess with ninja trader and stuff but im used to QT..

anyways today i noticed the quotes seemed slow as hell..i was right..

the quotes are delayed anywhere from 3-10+ seconds..

maybe i just have a shitty internet connection? but is anyone else having this problem?

i tried etrade and IB for the quotesource.. same problem.. it keeps coming up with an error randomly to?

oo and the indicies are delayed by minutes sometimes?

#33     Sep 23, 2009
  4. I'm finding nijatrader charts to work just fine

no loss from quotetracker whatsoever

#34     Sep 23, 2009
  5. who281

who281

im talking about quotetracker... it is delayed now?

and i cant even get ninja trader to work correctly

but im pissed i just paid for QT and now its not working?

#35     Sep 23, 2009
  6. Syprik

Syprik

Use QT only for the Time&Sales strip fed by IB's 250ms aggregated data. Don't like reading raw ES T&S trades.

As confirmed above by DTN, IQFeed continues to stream aok without QT registration.

Have had a lifeless TDA account for 4+yrs now, with peanuts sitting in there collecting dust (~ $50). Wired over $2k in anticipation of registering QT. Bought some LQD (corp bond) with the funds.

Funny enough, before the wire even hit TDA, was able to successfully register QT and use IB feed. In hindsight, should have just tried that route first instead of going through the aggravation of driving to bank. May even transfer the $2k funds back to my active & preferred brokers (IB/MFGlobal).

So for those of you with lifeless TDA accounts with minimal funds, you'll be good to go with regard to QT.

#36     Sep 24, 2009
  7. Yep.
    And once again, "swtrader" is shown to be posting misinformation.

#37     Sep 24, 2009
  8. Agreed 100%
    Thank you for stating the OBVIOUS Makey! :D

#38     Sep 24, 2009
  9. You guys are ignoring the fact that QT's key selling points was "free."

If people wanted "good" or "fit for purpose" etc then they might have chosen Sierra Chart or Ensign instead.

#39     Sep 24, 2009
  10. That is a great business model: "selling" for "free".

Once QT was bought out by AmeriTrade they lost all their ad revenue.

Free "free" gets expensive after a while. The revenue has to come from somewhere.

I paid QT their $60 on Sunday and that gives me a year to decide what to do going forward.

#40     Sep 24, 2009