Quotetracker limitations?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by paulxx, Jul 15, 2008.

1. I guess the real question is why would you even continue to pursue ET if having access to only 10 days of historical intra-day data was a "deal-breaker"?

On another note, ( for futures traders ) signing up for a trial subscription to DTN's "IQ-Feed" to be run in support of QT shouldn't be a deal-breaker by any means. Exchange fees for a "trial" wouldn't even amount to anything over $50-$60 bucks.

#11     Jul 16, 2008
  2. paulxx

paulxx

Actually, I was hoping to be either wrong or for an admission together with an undertaking to correct the problems, then I might have put up with it for a while.

But since limitations will continue, consider my pursuit ended.

The DTNIQ feed deal is very good at $75 all in for globex.

The purpose of a thread like this actually is also to save others time when they search. If I had seen a thread like this I would not have spent any time on it.

Also, though you launched a mild attack on me in defence of your favourite software, I didn't mean to be unkind in response:

Here is a chart example (which I hope has uploaded ok- not appearing in preview) from Ninja, hourly bars. My observation is that the market moves in (imperfect) trend channels within channels in all time frames. Even if you are trading intraday, it is worth knowing about significant, probably prevailing channels/trends or regular support/resistance in higher time frames. Note the red and blue channels (ignore the oldest stuff on the left). If you are not aware of support and resistance on these channels, you will be more likely to be surprised when the trend turns intraday. On daily bars you can't see detail - for example if penetrations were only brief and therefore more likely to be fakeouts. That's why I and some others need 30 days plus.

#12     Jul 17, 2008