QuoteTracker - How to fill intraday chart gap?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Relleum, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Relleum

Relleum

I'm just starting to use QuoteTracker, but there is one problem that i cant seem to solve. It seems that i can only get intraday data after I add a symbol. So, let's say I add CSCO at 10:30 am, I cannot view the first hour of activity!

This is a big deal, and I hope there is a way to fill in the missing intraday info!

Thanks in advance.

2. You need to have a feed which offers "backfill". Go to Options, Data Sources/Backfill

3. ameritrade offers 5 days worth of backfill. ctrl+f is the shortcut key to backfill a symbol

4. If youre using IB all you have to do is right clik on the chart and select backfill.

5. Relleum

Relleum

I'm using fidelity, but next week im starting with IB. In the mean time, it seems i can't get more intraday data than the point at which i add the symbol. I noticed that QT has fidelity as an option for quotes, but not for backfill. I decided to use yahoo, and i can successfully backfill the historical chart, but it seems intraday data isnt added at all.

For example, I added some symbols 20 minutes after the market opened. At the end of the day, I wanted to look at not only the first 20 minutes, but the last 9 days of intraday charts. So i rightclicked, backfilled the intraday chat, and nothing happened. I set the chart period to 2 Days, but at the bottom i still have a scrollbar for 6hrs 10 min (the whole day minus the first 20 minutes). Still no dice. Could it be the data sources im selecting don't backfill intraday data?

6. I have the same problem with quote tracker and I am a paid user. One of their major problem is that their list of web site to support Intraday backfill is not the same as the historial backfill.

To make matter worse, with Yahoo Finance, which offers tick per mintues for FREE, see link for e.g.

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart2:symbol=yhoo;range=1d;indicator=ema(200)+volume;charttype=ohlc;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined

that on every single given minute, I can see the low, high open, close per minute, and seriously it doesn't get better than that.

So can you imagine Quote tracker does NOT support Intra Day back fill thru Yahoo finance? I mean, it's free. Why can't they accept free intraday data from yahoo finance? After all, they accept Historial backfill from yahoo finance.

So for free intraday back fill, there is hardly any on their intraday back fill list.

Talk about deficiency.