QuoteTracker Bought out by TD AMERITRADE! YIKES!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, Sep 30, 2006.

1. That's a different matter and I most certainly won't do jump through anyones hoops. I agree it may be time to prepare for another platform, and Ensign is one of the alternatives, but as I was reassessing why I dismissed it previously I again found the same problems with it. For me it is worse then QT for sure.

Ursa..

#51     Oct 1, 2006
  2. i was with jerry and his crew on the message board asking for features during the qt-ti (trade-ideas) integration, and it was a joy to see how jerry brought the whole integration togather. i hope td keeps it that way. qt-ti is a special and unique tool for guys like me who need to pull up opportunities from the broad market. can't find that capability anywhere else. prophet offers a version of qt as prophetstation, but their tour does not show where it has ti. will see what td does with qt.

#52     Oct 1, 2006
  3. wtf are you talking about, the free version did everything the pay version did except for days of tick strorage and the internal api.

#53     Oct 1, 2006
  4. Does Engisn has streaming and trading API?

#54     Oct 1, 2006
  5. Shame they insisted the message board be closed down.

Freakin pitiful.

#55     Oct 1, 2006
  6. I could guess it is just as frustrating to Mr. Medved as it is his users. (try to imagine how hard it is for him to not be able to respond here or on the boards)

Michael B.

#56     Oct 1, 2006
  7. Doesn't the Ameritrade brass realize that the nearly 24 hour support and response was part of the 'draw'?

Just because they paid 800 million for the rights , isn't an excuse to remove that support.

lol.

#57     Oct 1, 2006
  8. well the support is there, just in a different form...

#58     Oct 1, 2006
  9. qt will probably remain the same software that it is now. doubt that there will be many more user driven additions. td must have bought it for it's features. but, it will not likely be a freebie much longer, those guys are in it strictly for the money.
    i sent qt support an email on friday re a problem with my quotes, and have not had a reply. it probably won't be like when it was just jerry, mike and mazel. we've lost three good friends.

#59     Oct 1, 2006
  10. In all seriousness, getting fixes out in short order is key. If bugs are going to take a month to get ironed out because of corporate bs, then there will be problems.

Not anticipating, just a heads up , that maybe this should be made very clear to Ameritrade (if it already hasn't)

#60     Oct 1, 2006