QuoteTracker Bought out by TD AMERITRADE! YIKES!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Jerry has come through again with a prompt response, I am quoting him here:

"Just to dispell one big speculation - The news announcement has NO IMPACT on QuoteTracker integration with IB or other brokers. Same Quote and trading integration will be supported.

This goes for both registered and un-registered users.

Changes to the web site as far as broker names not being links is just that - marketing changes to the web site. Has NOTHING to do with QuoteTracker software functionality.

hope that clears things up and please email us with any other questions so we can resolve any other issues you may have ASAP."

#41     Oct 1, 2006
  2. I too was disappointed for selfish personal reasons when I read the news, but Jerry and Mike definitely deserve the rewards. I can't think of too many that work harder then they do supporting their product and being receptive to new ideas.

Change and the unknown are always somewhat stressful, especially when one's means of livelihood are possibly at risk. As stated, many have developed systems via QT that might be impossible to quickly recreate else where. I sincerely hope that the program a least keeps it's current functionality and if I need to open an Ameritrade acct, then so be it.

#42     Oct 1, 2006
  3. OK slowdown, thanks for clearning that up.

Hopefully things will continue to be "all good" for the retail crowd that uses QT.

I personally hope so, and I believe so as well. This is all a bit of a shock to the system for us (and the fact that Version77 broke the news)! :p

So I will take a wait and see attitude, and believe that everything will be fine ... time will tell.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

#43     Oct 1, 2006
  4. tru dat

jj

#44     Oct 1, 2006
  5. Could WealthLab users comment as to how the Fidelity buyout changed their service, upgrades and support...

I know that this would not represent what will happen in the QT world, but I am sure some readers are wondering about WealthLab and how it has changed...or shall we say matured?

Only users of Wealthlab before and after need to reply...

Michael B.

#45     Oct 1, 2006
  6. I'm just funn'in wit'cha v77.

In fact of the matter I appreciate you bring the matter to our attention. While I do understand why we could not have been informed otherwise (I have worked in "middle management" :( ), it would have been nice to not be the last to know, and I think the fact that we are is in part the reason for our knee-jerk reaction.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

#46     Oct 1, 2006
  7. jho

jho

From QuoteTracker FAQ:

What is TD AMERITRADE’s relationship with QT?

An affiliate of TD AMERITRADE, Inc. (T2 API Technologies, LLC) has purchased the QT software and certain other assets of the QT business.

Can I continue to trade my non-TD AMERITRADE brokerage accounts in QT?

Yes! QT will continue to support linkages to other brokerage accounts. However, we do have incentives for you to setup your account at TD AMERITRADE, including free fully registered use of QT. ($2000 minimum funding)

Can I still use QT without having a TD AMERITRADE account?

YES! QuoteTracker will continue to allow for you to use it just as you had in the past. Of course, if you bring your funded account to TD AMERITRADE, you will receive the registered version of QT software for free ($2000 minimum funding)!

Will I see any immediate changes as a result of the QT ownership change?

There will be some wording and other changes to the QT Web site and to the QT software. In addition, due to the new ownership, you will be prompted to complete and accept a new User License Agreement, as well as a new Privacy Policy.

Unfortunately, we cannot support a message board. For now, you will have to send us messages for technical support via email (support@quotetracker.com) – remember you should always contact your broker for account support.

What types of QT subscriptions are there?

There are still a registered version and an unregistered version. Registered: this version does not have advertisements and supports up to 10 days of data on the intraday charts (assuming your data provider support). Again, registration is free for those with funded ($2000) TD AMERITRADE Accounts!

Unregistered: this version has advertisements and supports 2 days of data on the intraday charts.

#47     Oct 1, 2006
  8. Didn't most people register to get the ten days of history intergrated into the platform? and not to avoid the ad's...ads...schmads...who cares?

The history thing was "marketing genius"

Mr. Medved..your service to the community far exceeds mine and I thank you...I do not know the details of your arrangement with TD, but in no way could you be reimbursed for the time invested in your product.

This is coming from a non-user of QT, and guests please do not consider this an endorsement of QT.

Michael B.

#48     Oct 1, 2006
  9. The info on the QT website sounds reassuring, but what about 6-12+ months from now?

I fear it will result in consolidation into mediocrity, a trend happening everywhere.

There are other limited options out there if we can no longer use IB data, but I hate searching and researching and setting up new stuff.

Hopefully Jerry will remain in charge of operations with the freedom to run things as he sees fit.

I suppose he had to make an agreement not to start up another software biz for a while. Maybe he's sick of the biz!

Anyway, thank you Jerry for a fine product and service over the years. A rare company indeed.

#49     Oct 1, 2006
  10. #50     Oct 1, 2006