QuoteTracker Bought out by TD AMERITRADE! YIKES!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by version77, Sep 30, 2006.

1. belavia

belavia

You can still use IB, read the new FAQ.
    This is horrible news though.

#11     Sep 30, 2006

2. hey congrats Jerry ! you deserve a pay day!

time to give qcharts(redux) or ensign a try...

#12     Sep 30, 2006
  3. rcj

rcj

The FAQ at QT indicates linkage to other brokers like IB will continue to function. Doesnt say(?) whether or not this applies to only registered users.

... rj

#13     Sep 30, 2006
  4. While it's sad to see QT being sold, I feel relieved at the same time that I still have my Ameritrade account. QT by far has one of the best charting capabilites around. I hope the software remains free to all users.

#14     Sep 30, 2006
  5. http://www.quotetracker.com/FAQ.shtml

Hope you can still do your thang Wayne.

But yeah, this most likely means that whatever changes happen in the future, they won't be good for the small retail trader.

... but then again YOU ALWAYS have to have a Plan B in this (and every other) game.

Look around a little and I'm sure you'll be able to replace'em, if PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.

Best,

JJ

edit I: this is cash business, it's only free to traders who have an AMERITRADE account.

edit II: what QT has been up-to-this point will in all likelihood remain AS IS. what will most likely change is the level of customer support/improvement and change of the software, and the fact that they will attempt to funnel most of the new clientle into an AMERITRADE account.

#15     Sep 30, 2006
  6. e-miNY

e-miNY

Yup! Congrats Jerry. U deserved it.

It looks like another broadcast.com deal back in the nasdaq bubble days to me. I wonder whether another Mark Cuban is in the making in Austin.

#16     Sep 30, 2006
  7. bsmeter

bsmeter

What a bunch of friggin free loaders. I bet you were all on the FREE version.

Good for you Jerry. Hope you got top dollar from the suits!! :D

#17     Oct 1, 2006
  8. cmx

cmx

As a long time QT user and advocate I'm confident that QT will continue forward as before. The support and respect for the users is NOT changed...whether AMTD customers or not.

The QT boards are currently closed down...users will get a user group board back up as soon as possible for interim use until things can be formally worked out.

I'll try to post a link as soon as possible.

#18     Oct 1, 2006
  9. BSAM

BSAM

I know I'll wake up in a few hours and realize this is merely a nightmare.

#19     Oct 1, 2006
  10. www.kreslik.com has a QuoteTracker message board.

Does this mean I get a rebate on my last QT subscription payment? LOL!

This IS sad news for the users.

#20     Oct 1, 2006