QuoteTracker being shut down for good?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eugenie98, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iqfeed is expensive, the patch doesn't seem to work with tda, is there any other patch i could try with some other data. not sure how ib works or whatever else might be cheap.

#31     Apr 3, 2012
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Open an account with TDA and/or IB to receive cheap/free data. Works best to have an account with both firms. I use both TDA and IB. IB works well for futures data.

#32     Apr 3, 2012
  3. i do have a tda account, does this iqfeed patch work with them? i installed it and it doesn't for me.

#33     Apr 3, 2012
  4. Is QT still working with IB ?

#34     Apr 3, 2012
  5. I applied the two patches and QT is now fully working again with IB data.

#35     Apr 3, 2012
  6. I "tested" the ToS platform back in 2009 and was dumb-founded to learn that they were using a simple "snap-shot" feed (just like TD Ameritrade), as opposed to the kind of "tick" feed that you can get via DTN... like their IQ-Feed.

Their techs may have upgraded the feed a bit by "prioritizing" data ( slowing down option data vs equity quotes ), but my conversation with Tom Sossnoff at the time was most disappointing ... AND he indicated that they'd never entertain the idea of being able to pump in a 3rd party tick feed, like IQ-Feed.

#36     Apr 3, 2012
  7. Sorry , what are those patches you mention ? I thought there was no longer any support for QT ?

#37     Apr 3, 2012
  8. for the love of God...it's just a charting app:confused:

#38     Apr 3, 2012
  9. how do you get it ib data, do you have to have an account and receive data through them?

#39     Apr 3, 2012
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

If you properly applied the latest qtfix.zip patch, you should have access to the TDA data because you have a TDA account. If you want to use IB data, you will need to open an IB account + the current patch you have installed. Check QT > Options > Data Source to make sure your data sources are set to TDA streamer for "Quotes", TDA backfill for "Backfill", and default for "Hist Backfill". Look in the top left corner of the main QT page for a button that says either "Stop" or "Start". If it says "Start", click on it to start the quotes. You probably have already tried everything I mentioned.

#40     Apr 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.