Quotetracker backfill

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kicking, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Bidwatch

Bidwatch

Quotetracker had backfill problems on Oct 4. They closed the server that evening - I think about 6:00 CT for special repairs. I say this because I could not backfill in the moring. On Fri, my needs were back to normal. They did have some problem with CME, last Thursday.

#11     Oct 6, 2007
  2. QT w/iqfeed has had sporatic backfilling volume problems for a while now. W/ contracts from the cme especially, and dtb, it's returning larger blocks then what is normally traded at various times. Unfortunately dtn tech is often as competent as the Keystone cops.

#12     Oct 6, 2007
  3. Thanks to all of you who responded.

Apparently, QT is rife with problems.....probably some I haven't even been noticing. As I said, my problem is simply QT crashing 1-3 times a day. Since I only have one monitor going, I have to reboot....losing time and data in the process.

Last week it happened on five different occasions as I was about to enter scalp trades, each of which would have been succesful.

The one trade I got off stopped out at a $1200 loss....lol!!!

It left me feeling downright paranoid......I mean it crashed each time as my finger was on the send button.....almost spooky ....

#13     Oct 7, 2007
  4. high99

high99

I have always had good luck with QT. This backfill issue with Quote.com is something on their end, and I am sure it will be corrected soon.

#14     Oct 7, 2007