Quotetracker - Ameritrade wants to kill it

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Jul 27, 2010.

1. as useful as at is it fails badly in that it does not have a scan for volume spikes or fast moves.

global new highs/lows crashes QT , as its probably written poorly and the thread dies

#51     Sep 17, 2010
  2. Good idea, that would be a really useful feature for them to add. I currently use StockVision along with QT for real-time scans for volume spikes and fast moves.

#52     Sep 19, 2010
  3. I ask again, anyone using the /ameritrade feed and QT and having ramdom problems with the quotes (level 1, not level 2 ) freezing? Good for weeks , then all of a sudden certain symbols dont work properly

#53     Sep 20, 2010
  4. .....

still seeing that problem

#54     Sep 21, 2010
  5. JamesKB2

JamesKB2

Did a little search on what's going on with data feeds and AMTD.

I 'found' QT back in the day, Datek was my broker. Loved it and have used it ever since.

Then AMTD bought Datek, I got moved over but everything seemed fine until this year.....

I love QT. I don't think I would trade without it! Yet data feeds are constantly poor lately, today, right now, no volume transfers. Charts are frozen because even though the ticks are changing, there's no data on what trades (volume) are taking place.

And yes, I too have noticed a VERY big lag on L2 vs L1. Sometimes L1 is right (real time) sometimes L2 is right, but the sync has been off for over a month!

I trade options and some swing trades with five minute timing and THIS SUCKS! I have no idea what's going on, but trading is hard enough let alone flying blind with frozen indicators.

I guess it's time to find a better software / broker system, I can afford it VS the loss I may have from poor data feeds.

#55     Sep 23, 2010
  6. I'm using TDA feed and I get around this problem by hittting the refresh and force login butting ever 30 min or so and it seems to get me thru the day. The problem is when i walk away from the computer for a while, my charts stop updating properly and I have in manually refresh them....BTW, I also opened a TOS account to use prodigio and it is useless. It locks up everytime volume picks up. I'm looking into Investor/RT, multicharts and ninja because our days are numbered....

#56     Nov 28, 2010
  7. amaner

amaner

:mad:

I called Ameritrade and complained about QT. I emailed QT and was told that none of their Brokers were supporting them.
    I emailed Ameritrade and told them the following:

I am unhappy that you are no longer supporting Quotracker. I have looked at Trade Architect, ThinkorSwim, and Command Center. I can't use any of them. I have been told that There is another Trading Platform that is supported by several other Brokers. I intend to check it out. There is no way I can continue with Ameritrade under current conditions. Why not limit the number of portfolios, or charge subscribers to use QT? CC. Online Forum of QT Users. Arnold Maner amaner@comcast.net

#57     Jan 14, 2012