Quotetracker - Ameritrade wants to kill it

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Luckily, I don't care. My IB charts are good enough for swingtrading. Man, you daytraders have it hard!:p

#21     Jul 29, 2010
  2. #$%k , cant get level 2 from IB today. nothing changed here. data coming in (green light) no display. did IB change the feed???

#22     Jul 29, 2010

3. if you mean indicators on charts, no I don't use any.

#23     Jul 29, 2010
  4. a real purist ;-)

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes, hours ,days, weeks, maybe never

#24     Jul 29, 2010
  5. awsco

awsco

I was the original poster on the QTUsers Forum of the message that Stock777 used to start this thread. His quote is correct and what I received from AMTD. I have been using QT forever and only went to AMTD after they acquired it and have been an APEX customer every since.

I was invited early on to test TOS and found it totally inadequate for my purposes. Charting and TA are rudimentary at best. Also, there is no ability to follow foreign stocks on their home exchanges and you are dependent on the AMTD data feeds which have been problematic for years.

Back on 17 June, when I learned that Jerry's contract was not renewed, I started a series of inquiries as to the future of QT. Having watched what they did with Advanced Analyzer (which they allowed to die after the acquisition) I didn't want a surprise one morning when data feeds changed, but QT wasn't updated. An earlier tell was when Prophet Charts (for historical charts) was drop from QT a couple of months ago despite having been bought by TOS.

I have spent hours on the phone with these folks over the last month and even had them do a walk through of TOS with me to try and set it up with my parameters. No go. It's bases is an option trading tool that has been upgraded to do stocks. The tech's didn't even know a couple of the indicators that I use. QT was founded as a technical tool that integrated an options capability. Any engineer knows the basis of a design is critical for long term success. I expect that QT is to sophisticated and flexible for their normal user and thereby doesn't have the number of users they need to justify the cost. The results are a kluge. I thin k they have a problem though as it is a tool of choice for a number of foreign investors.

I have told them that when QT goes or support has been degraded sufficiently to make it unreliable I'll be gone. I may be gone anyway since I have been trying to move into stocks that don't trade in US$ as I have no confidence in the US$. I expect that won't just kill QT, but will let it fade away like they have with other tools they have acquired.

#25     Jul 30, 2010
  6. still trying to figure out why IB level2 feed stopped displaying in QT . Ameritrade feed is fine.

am I the only one??? how about some feedback.

#26     Jul 30, 2010
  7. awsco

awsco

YDFAH posted on the QTUsers Forum that you should contact to QT Support for an update on several feeds if they are not working. An auto update is evidently not yet available.

#27     Jul 30, 2010
  8. cant get one of you clowns to say if youre having a problem or not.

remind me never to post any help here on this board of ingrates.

[​IMG]

#28     Jul 30, 2010
  9. awsco

awsco

From the QT Forum Board

"Issues with IB and the new TWS« on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »

If you have issues with IB with the new TWS (Indices, Forex, Canadian and some other securities) or have login issues with Scottrade, Schwab, banc of America or E*Trade Australia, email QT support support@quotetracker.com for an update. Otherwise it should be fixed for everyone sometime next week."

#29     Jul 30, 2010
  10. yeah, but Im not using the NEW TWS.

Notice how hard it is to get one person to say if their l2 is working or not.

morons.

#30     Jul 31, 2010