Quotetracker - Ameritrade wants to kill it

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Get NinjaTrader

#11     Jul 28, 2010
  2. syspool

syspool

Anybody knows Advanced Analyzer. A great program that's not listed on the Ameritrade website anymore. The data download is often a day late though. I have used it for many years. I wonder if a new client can still get a login. My login that I got about 6 years ago still works.

Felix

#12     Jul 28, 2010
  3. high99

high99

I received an email from QT, and there is no intention of shutting down QT by Ameritrade. They have to much invested and it is too valuable a program to simply toss in the trash. QT runs as a separate
    entity from Ameritrade, and does its own thing. Worst case, somebody would most likely purchase it if in fact Ameritrade was foolish enough to simply dump it. QT has been around a long time, and there are many thousands of users who pay to use it. Somebody would buy it.

#13     Jul 28, 2010

4. HA! Do you recall Cybertrader? Schwab bought it then closed it down because, well, their super improved platform was sooo much better ROFL.

These big brokerage corporations are all the same - brain dead from the CEO down.

#14     Jul 28, 2010
  5. Unless you're keeping an 8-figure balance with them, it seems to me they're exhibiting saint-like patience with you. If I ran TD I would have resigned your account by now.

#15     Jul 28, 2010
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

If TDAT shuts down QT, IB should buy it, write their own similar or better charting program, or team up with Jerry Medved on launching an IB charting program. I had free access to RealTick for years and switched over to QT because it is much better software.

#16     Jul 28, 2010
  7. anyone else seeing Ameritrade level 1 quotes STOPPING randomly

#17     Jul 28, 2010
  8. dream on. Actually IB charts are good enough that I can used them IF QT shuts down. But I will use QT until the last hour.:D

#18     Jul 28, 2010
  9. There's no comparison, and if you think there is, you're not doing much with QT

#19     Jul 29, 2010
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

Yes, it is a lot of wishful thinking. However, IB's java based charts will never meet my needs and requirements.

#20     Jul 29, 2010