quotes...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THECOLONEL, Sep 19, 2011.

1. "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-

2. wildchild

wildchild

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq."

John Kerry

3. pspr

pspr

Wasn't Kerry talking to General Petraeus when he said that?

:D Just kidding. Kerry is a first rate ass hole anyway.

4. "I am long on this stock and i pray hard each day things are turning around."

-- 2damoon@yahoofinance

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Back when kids were expected to attend class and pay attention and were disciplined when they didn't I got myself paddled on the butt at school, a couple of times to be honest. I think once in the 7th grade and once in the 8th grade. The principal gave a choice, either he could call your parents or you could take a paddling. I chose the paddle.

I'll never forget the inscription on the paddle.

"From the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge"

These days they'd jail that SOB. :D

6. All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
    Mark Twain

7. 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.’ Liverpool’s Bill Shankly

Its an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson. Gordon Strachan On Wayne Rooney

8. wildchild

wildchild

I love this quote.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KiIP_KDQmXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Mercor

Mercor

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back ... the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal. ...
    -B. Obama