Quotes from the Stock Bubble's Past

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Jan 26, 2008.

1. http://www.itulip.com/awards.htm

April 2001: Abby Joseph Cohen, Goldman Sachs

"The time to be nervous was a year ago. The S&P then was overvalued, it's now undervalued."

Oh, that's just the start:

[​IMG]

#21     Jan 28, 2008
  2. babe714

babe714

I remember them saying the Naz would surpass the Dow

#22     Jan 28, 2008
  3. LOL, Abbey Cohen!!!!!!

Her, Cramer, and Kudlow should have a gang bang bull orgy.

Abbey should come clean losing billions for GS.

#24     Jan 28, 2008
  4. mokwit

mokwit

"Rock solid investment advice" as per cover quote and the rest.

Just shows what abunch of shills, charlatans etc advise the public.

#25     Jan 28, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

Back in August of 1995 the Dow had crossed 4500 and a lot of people were saying it couldn't go much higher.

On August 9, 1995 Netscape had it's IPO. It was priced at 28 and within just a few short minutes of trading it shot all the way to about 75 or so.

I can't remember how many commentators I heard saying that a raging IPO like that is a sign of a top. The word "frothy" was thrown around a lot, too.

But there was this one guy, and I just can not remember his name, but I think I saw him on NBR. But the host of the show asked this guy if he was in agreement with everyone who was saying that the Netscape IPO was a sign of the top, and he said that his reasearch did not show any evidence that a zinging IPO was a sign of a top. He of course turned out to be right. Could it have been Stan Weinstein? I really don't remember. If anybody has access to NBR archives, it would have been a few days after the IPO.

#26     Jan 28, 2008
  6. Somehow I doubt if GS took AJC advise seriously. Like Cramer, she is only for entertainment purposes.

Great gig if you can get it. She comes on the MSM a few times a year, declares a bull market and collects her millions by paycheck. Sweet. Where do I apply? :D

#27     Jan 28, 2008