Quotes from the Stock Bubble's Past

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Give me quotes after 1929!

Do I have to dig up the 87' ones?

#11     Jan 27, 2008
  2. This was not published anywhere, but the guy from Credit-Suisse, who was underwriting the IPO for the tech company I was working for in 2000, warned us not to make the same mistake as some Cisco employees. They sold early and only made a few millions, where they could have held out for tens or even hundreds of millions. After splits the original shares were worth thousands of dollars per share.

Our stock peaked at about $200 and was finally closed out at $1.19 IIRC.

#12     Jan 27, 2008
  3. Recent one, one of my favorites!!--

"There is no and never was"

10-22-07 11:37 AM

a liquidty or credit crunch.

It is just a bunch of nonsense. M&A deals are stronger than ever. People spending, consumer spending, companies spending. Nothing has changed between now and last year. Nothing is different. All of this crunch and crisis is speculation without any concrete evidence of any actual serious problems. Anyone that says there is a crunch or a crisis is trying to scare you into selling or going short. If you do fall for their fear tactics you will leave alot of money on the table and be a loser

-stock trad3r a.k.a. day7793

#13     Jan 27, 2008
  4. "Sub prime is contained and not a problem". There were no bad bets made" Annonymous- Feb. 07"

#14     Jan 27, 2008
  5. DOW 15K by January-Jim Cramer/stockturder-Oct. 07'

#15     Jan 27, 2008

6. ah yeah - them was the days
    SUN at 60
    Cisco at 80
    EMC at 70
    any my personal favorite - RMBS at 90!
    lol

#16     Jan 27, 2008
  7. and of course --- for the folks who were not around in 2000

google, apple and Research in Motion - not to mention Garmin - look like sure things -- good idea to load up during the current dip

heheheh

#17     Jan 27, 2008
  8. RMBS was my first short. I shorted it around 70 I think. It immediately started to run up so I bailed. It wasn't long before it was in the teens.

#18     Jan 27, 2008
  9. my favorite quote from thestreet interview, where is this guy now? I bet he's still making millions losing other people's money.

#19     Jan 28, 2008
  10. Any Canadians reading this thread also trade in 1999-2000? then you should remember Garth Turner. He was a huge bull back in 1999-2000 and called anyone who didn't invest in the market (the Nasdaq 5000 days) "chicken littles". He also wrote a few bullish investment books back then.

His site at http://www.garth.ca/ was an investment site back then, now he is into Canadian politics. From investment "guru" to politician.

#20     Jan 28, 2008