Quotes from posters on ignore

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deaddog, Jun 18, 2022.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I have several posters on ignore. Whatever they have to say is of no interest to me or they are just plain annoying.

The only drawback is that when someone else quotes a poster I have on ignore, I don't get to see the quote. If a poster I respect quotes a poster I have on ignore, I don't get to see the comment they are replying to and it gets a bit confusing at times.

Not sure if this bothers any others, or if it would be easy to upgrade the software so that quoted posts are shown. It would be nice not to have to log off and then review the thread to see what someone was replying to.

Good1, NoahA and virtusa like this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

In my opinion, it's not a big deal but it's an issue recently mentioned by Millionaire in the thread before this thread here in the Feedback section.

Yet, it does make those not on your ignore/block look funny in their replies to others on your ignore/block especially when such occurs in your own thread.

In the past, I use to think a few of the posters I respect were drunk in their replies because they didn't seem coherent until I logged out to see they were quoting/responding to someone on my ignore/block list.

I would rather have those on my ignore/block not to see their quoted posts.

Yet, it is annoying when such occurs in my own thread because those I respect...I think they're responding to me when in fact they were responding to someone else that's on my ignore/block list.

wrbtrader

3. virtusa

virtusa

I sometimes have to log out and in again to see who is reacting on whose post. It gets sometimes indeed a strange labyrinth.