Quotes by famous traders~

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JRworldwide, Oct 18, 2006.

1. dac8555

dac8555

"buy high...sell higher"

#31     Oct 19, 2006
  2. arco

arco

The speculator is not an investor. His object is not to secure a steady return on his money at a good rate of interest, but to profit by either a rise or fall in the price of whatever he is speculating in. Therefore the thing to do is to determine the line of least resistance at the moment of trading; and what he should wait for is the right moment when the line defines itself, because that is his signal to get busy.

Jesse Livermore

#32     Oct 19, 2006
  3. tyrant

tyrant

I have a blog specifically for quotes regarding trading/investing. I am still building the collection. If you come across some good quotes that is not in the blog, please post here or PM me so that I can get it included.

TQ

http://tradingquotes.blogspot.com/

#33     Oct 19, 2006
  4. the only thing one needs to know is which way is the price going.........next bar

#34     Oct 19, 2006
  5. it is more about bar size than times of day...........tq

#35     Oct 19, 2006
  6. fear is greed in reverse......porgie

#36     Oct 19, 2006
  7. daytraders should zoom out not zoom in.......short charts .....

#37     Oct 19, 2006
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

"Confidence doesn't come from winning, Winning comes from confidence. And confidence comes from hard work."
    -Vijay Singh

OK, I cheated. I know it's not from a trader, but it's my favorite quote when it comes to trading. It reminds me every day to work my ass off rather than waiting for a big day to "present itself".

#38     Oct 19, 2006
  9. dvst8

dvst8

This one I stick on my monitor.
    "Learn to trade, to trade well and the money will follow".

#39     Oct 20, 2006
  10. Long 1 position short 1 position lets the market judge what my next step will be :)
    Pushotrum

#40     Oct 20, 2006